Notated Music Florida verba
About this Item
- Florida verba
- Contributor Names
- Silvestri, Florido de -- fl. 1642-1672
- Created / Published
- Antwerp, 1661, monographic.
- Subject Headings
- - Sacred vocal music -- 16th century
- - Sacred vocal music -- 17th century
- - Compiled by Florido de Silvestri.
- - An incomplete transcipt in score, said to be in the hand-writing of Thomas Pinto (1714-1783), whose autograph appears on the title-page, and containing motets by Durante, Cechelli, Bonetti, Corradi, Gratiani, Leardini, Olivati, Carpani and the compiler. This is followed (p. 54-144) by the scores of a number of sacred compositions of the 16th and 17th centuries, including an anonymous Hymnum, Deus tuorum militum dated 1699, Palestrina's mass Panis quem ego dabo and Victoria's 6 voice Salve Regina (both anonymous in the transcript), an 8 voice Magnificat by Maestro Patiño, an unidentified "Messa a 4 v. in Palestina" and Alessandro Scarlatti's Psalm memento domine (incomplete).
- - From the Cummings collection.
- musical score
- 1 ms. score (144 p.) ; 38 cm.
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Related Resources
- http://lcweb2.loc.gov/diglib/ihas/loc.natlib.ihas.200154776/default.html (electronic resource)
- LC Classification
- M1490 .S59
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Silvestri, Florido De. Florida Verba. Antwerp, Monographic, 1661. Notated Music. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2009546909/. (Accessed January 19, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Silvestri, F. D. (1661) Florida Verba. Antwerp, Monographic. [Notated Music] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2009546909/.
MLA citation style:
Silvestri, Florido De. Florida Verba. Antwerp, Monographic, 1661. Notated Music. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2009546909/>.