Map War map, showing the vicinities of Baltimore & Washington,
About this Item
- War map, showing the vicinities of Baltimore & Washington,
- Contributor Names
- Hopkins, Griffith Morgan, Jr.
- Created / Published
- Philadelphia, Jacob Weiss, c1861.
- Subject Headings
- - Maryland--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Virginia--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - District of Columbia--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - United States--Maryland
- - United States--Virginia
- - United States--District of Columbia
- - Scale ca. 1:450,000.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 241.5
- - "Entered according to act of Congress in the year 1861 by G. M. Hopkins."
- - General map of eastern and central Maryland, Washington, D.C., and northern Virginia.
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 map, col., 35 x 45 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3840 1861 .H6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Online Format
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Hopkins, Griffith Morgan, Jr. War map, showing the vicinities of Baltimore & Washington. Philadelphia, Jacob Weiss, 1861. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2009575802/.
APA citation style:
Hopkins, G. M. (1861) War map, showing the vicinities of Baltimore & Washington. Philadelphia, Jacob Weiss. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2009575802/.
MLA citation style:
Hopkins, Griffith Morgan, Jr. War map, showing the vicinities of Baltimore & Washington. Philadelphia, Jacob Weiss, 1861. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2009575802/>.
More Maps like this
MapTopographical map of Washington, D.C., and vicinity. Showing the Union forts and defences built 1861-3. Detail from a printed map of the Potomac River region of Maryland and Virginia, and including Washington, D.C., which Sneden has annotated to show the locations of Union forts and picket lines.
- Contributor: Sneden, Robert Knox
MapMap of the state of Virginia
Map of Virginia "August 1863." "Lith. by Chas. G. Krebs." Accompanied by cover: Map of Virginia / compiled in the office of the United States Coast Survey. Washington, D.C. : W.H. & O.H. Morrison :...
- Contributor: Krebs, Charles G. - Nicholson, W. L. - United States Coast Survey - W.H. & O.H. Morrison (Firm) - Bache, A. D. (Alexander Dallas)
- Date: 1863
MapAtlas of fifteen miles around Washington, including the County of Prince George, Maryland Phillips 1499. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. DCP ga08 08-19-87.
- Contributor: Hopkins, Griffith Morgan
- Date: 1878
MapMap of part of Maryland and Virginia : showing the probable theatre of the war. From: Harper's weekly, May 4, 1861, p. 275-276. This item is in the Map Collection of the Library of Virginia; please contact the Library's Archives Research Services department for more information. Available...
- Date: 1861
MapPlan of the Rebel attack on Washington, D.C., July 11th and 12th, 1864. As a diversionary measure to take some of the pressure off of besieged Petersburg, Confederate forces under Jubal Early launched a northern offensive beginning in late June 1864. After stops near Harper's...
- Contributor: Sneden, Robert Knox
- Date: 1864-07-11