Map Battles of the Crater and of June 22nd.
About this Item
- Battles of the Crater and of June 22nd.
- Contributor Names
- Korff Brothers.
- Created / Published
- N.Y. [i.e. New York], N.Y. : Korff Brothers, [1864?]
- Subject Headings
- - Petersburg Crater, Battle of, Va., 1864--Maps
- - Petersburg (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Fortification--Virginia--Petersburg--Maps
- - Landowners--Virginia--Petersburg--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Petersburg
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Shows Union and Confederate lines, fortifications, and names of some residents.
- - Selected buildings shown pictorially.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes annotations in pencil.
- - Acquisitions control no.: 91-28.
- - CW3
- 1 map ; 52 x 68 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3884.P4S5 1864 .B4
- G3884.P4S5 1864 .B4 Vault Copy 2 Annotations in pencil. Torn along bottom edge.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Relief shown by hachures. Shows Union and Confederate lines, fortifications, and names of some residents. Selected buildings shown pictorially. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Includes annotations in pencil. Acquisitions control no.: 91-28. CW3
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Korff Brothers. Battles of the Crater and of June 22nd. [N.Y. i.e. New York, N.Y.: Korff Brothers, ?, 1864] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2009575816/.
APA citation style:
Korff Brothers. (1864) Battles of the Crater and of June 22nd. [N.Y. i.e. New York, N.Y.: Korff Brothers, ?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2009575816/.
MLA citation style:
Korff Brothers. Battles of the Crater and of June 22nd. [N.Y. i.e. New York, N.Y.: Korff Brothers, ?, 1864] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2009575816/>.
More Maps like this
MapBattles of the Crater and of June 22nd. Shows Union and Rebel lines and fortifications. This item is in the Map Collection of the Library of Virginia; please contact the Library's Archives Research Services department for more information. Available also...
- Contributor: Korff Brothers
- Date: 1864
Map[Map of the Battle of the Crater, Petersburg, Va]. Accompanies letter of W. to "Willie" [?] concerning the Battle of the Crater and Oakwood Cemetery, Richmond, Va. Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image. Manuscripts
- Contributor: W. [Otherwise Unidentified]
- Date: 1864-07-30
MapMap shewing the position of the lines in front of Petersburg, Va., occupied by the 1st ... Scale ca. 1:16,700. LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 607 Detailed map giving fortifications, picket lines, "Rebel chevaux de-frise," "Union abattis," "covered ways," roads, railroads, drainage, and vegetation. Each regiment of the...
- Contributor: McCallum, Andrew
- Date: 1865
MapSketch of the entrenched lines in the immediate front of Petersburg. [1864-5] Scale ca. 1:63,360. LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 609 Indicates Union and Confederate lines, names of forts, roads, railroads, street pattern of Petersburg, houses, names of residents, and drainage. Description derived...
- Contributor: Michler, N. (Nathaniel) - Michler, N.
- Date: 1865
MapA topographical map of the city of Richmond and vicinity : from official data
Richmond and thirty miles around it Relief shown by hachures. Shows fortifications and names of some residents. From newspaper: New-York daily tribune, Tuesday, April 4, 1865--with supplement, p. 8. Includes text. Text on verso. Copy Imperfect: Four minor...
- Contributor: Colton, G. Woolworth (George Woolworth) - Colton, G. Woolworth
- Date: 1865