Map Trade wind chart of the Atlantic Ocean Wind and current charts / Atlantic Ocean
About this Item
- Trade wind chart of the Atlantic Ocean
- Wind and current charts
- Atlantic Ocean
- Maury, Matthew Fontaine, 1806-1873.
- Dehaven, E. J.
- Morris, Charles, 1784-1856
- United States. Bureau of Ordnance and Hydrography.
- United States. Hydrographic Office.
- United States Naval Observatory.
Created / Published
- [Washington, D.C. : United States Hydrographical Office], 1851.
- - Trade winds--Atlantic Ocean--Charts, diagrams, etc
- - Nautical charts--Atlantic Ocean
- - Winds--Atlantic Ocean--Charts, diagrams, etc
- - Atlantic Ocean--Charts, diagrams, etc
- - Atlantic Ocean
- Nautical charts
- - "Series B."
- - The trade wind charts were released as series B a part of Maury's "Wind and current charts", series A-F. Two sheets were produced, one for the Atlantic and the other for the Indian Ocean. For complete discussion, see "The wind and current chart series produced by Matthew Fontaine Maury," by Marc I. Pinsel, in Navigation : Journal of the Institute of Navigation, v. 28, no. 2 (Summer, 1981), p. 123-137.
- - Copy imperfect: Torn and repaired along fold line and edges.
- - Includes notes.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : col. ; 60 x 91 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G9101.C842 1851 .M2
- G9101.C842 1851 .M2 Copy 2 Vault : Maury B1 Torn along fold line and edges. Minor losses.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Dehaven, E. J.
- Maury, Matthew Fontaine
- Morris, Charles
- United States Naval Observatory
- United States. Bureau of Ordnance and Hydrography
- United States. Hydrographic Office
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Maury, Matthew Fontaine, E. J Dehaven, Charles Morris, United States Bureau Of Ordnance And Hydrography, United States Hydrographic Office, and United States Naval Observatory. Trade wind chart of the Atlantic Ocean. [Washington, D.C.: United States Hydrographical Office, 1851] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2009575918/.
APA citation style:
Maury, M. F., Dehaven, E. J., Morris, C., United States Bureau Of Ordnance And Hydrography, United States Hydrographic Office & United States Naval Observatory. (1851) Trade wind chart of the Atlantic Ocean. [Washington, D.C.: United States Hydrographical Office] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2009575918/.
MLA citation style:
Maury, Matthew Fontaine, et al. Trade wind chart of the Atlantic Ocean. [Washington, D.C.: United States Hydrographical Office, 1851] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2009575918/>.