Map [Map of the Fredericksburg and Chancellorsville battlefields, 1862-1863].
About this Item
- [Map of the Fredericksburg and Chancellorsville battlefields, 1862-1863].
- Contributor Names
- Hotchkiss, Jedediah, 1828-1899.
- Subject Headings
- - Fredericksburg Region (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Fredericksburg Region (Va.)--Maps
- - Chancellorsville Region (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1862-1865--Maps
- - Chancellorsville Region (Va.)--Maps
- - Virginia--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Fredericksburg Region
- - United States--Virginia--Chancellorsville Region
- - United States--Virginia
- Manuscript maps
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Title and date from Stephenson's Civil War maps, 1989.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 550.8
- - Pen-and-ink, watercolor, col. pencils, and crayon on muslin.
- - Wall map believed to have been used by the author after the Civil War for lecture purposes. Sometimes referred to as the "bed sheet map."
- - Acquired in July 1948 with the purchase of the map collection of Maj. Jedediah Hotchiss.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - On verso on red bordered sticker: 49.
- 1 ms. map : col., cloth ; 372 x 500 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3884.F7S5 1862 .H6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Hotchkiss, Jedediah. Map of the Fredericksburg and Chancellorsville battlefields, -1863. 1862. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2009575937/.
APA citation style:
Hotchkiss, J. (1862) Map of the Fredericksburg and Chancellorsville battlefields, -1863. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2009575937/.
MLA citation style:
Hotchkiss, Jedediah. Map of the Fredericksburg and Chancellorsville battlefields, -1863. 1862. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2009575937/>.
More Maps like this
MapMap of a portion of the Rappahannock River and vicinity, Virginia : to illustrate the operations ... Shows troop positions, settlements, roads, railroads, drainage, fords, vegetation, county names, and rural houses. Also covers Fredericksburg city region. Relief shown by hachures. At head of title: No. 2. "The Battle Fields...
- Contributor: D. Van Nostrand Company - Confederate States of America. Army. Corps of Engineers - Robinson, S. , (Sampson ) - Hotchkiss, Jedediah - Barnard, William S.
- Date: 1866
Map[Sketch of the United States Ford on the Rappahannock River]. Shows the Chancellorsville region and names of some residents. Relief shown by hachures. Title, date and scale from Stephenson's Civil War maps, 1989. Pen-and-ink and pencil (some col.) on pencil grid, mounted...
- Date: 1863
Map[Three sketches on one sheet of fortifications, roads and streams in the vicinity of Salem Church ... Shows names of some residents. Relief shown by hachures and spot heights. Title and scale from Stephenson's Civil War maps, 1989. Pencil (some col.) on ledger paper, mounted on cloth. LC Civil...
- Date: 1863
MapPassages of the Rappahannock and Battle of Fredericksburg, December 10th to 16th, 1862 : copied from ... "Map originally prepared following the Battle of Fredericksburg in December 1862 ... enhanced by the addition of details from a captured map prepared by topographical engineer Jedediah Hotchkiss for the use of...
- Contributor: Hains, Peter C. (Peter Conover) - Hotchkiss, Jedediah - Doull, Alexander - Callahan, Denis - United States. Topographical Bureau - Wainwright, Charles S. (Charles Shiels)
- Date: 1863
MapApproaches of A. of P. to Fredericksburg.
Approaches of Army of Potomac to Fredericksburg Shows "Genl. Hd Qrs.," routes of approach of the 2nd, 3rd, 5th and 6th Corps, roads, railroad, towns, drainage, and houses and names of residents. Relief shown by shading. Title from verso...
- Contributor: United States. Army of the Potomac
- Date: 1862