Maps [Hart-Bolton American history maps]
About this Item
- [Hart-Bolton American history maps]
- Contributor Names
- Blair, R. Baxter.
- Denoyer, L. P. (Levinus Philippus), 1875-1964.
- Hart, Albert Bushnell, 1854-1943.
- Matteson, David Maydole, 1871-1949.
- Bolton, Herbert Eugene, 1870-1953.
- Denoyer-Geppert Company.
- Created / Published
- Chicago : Denoyer-Geppert Co., c1917-1927.
- A1. World of Columbus, 1492 -- A2. World exploration to 1580 -- A3. Caribbean settlement, 1492-1525 -- A4. International rivalries, (a)1580-1662, (b)1662-1750 -- A5. English colonial grants, (a)1580-1660, (b)1660-1763 -- A6. Partition of America, (a)1700 and (b)1763 -- A7. Colonial commerce and industries, to (a)1690, (b)1690-1774 -- A8. Revolutionary War, 1775-1783 -- A9. (a)Ratification of the Constitution, 1787-1790, (b)State claims, 1776-1802 -- A10. Westward movement, (a)1763-1803, (b)1803-1829 -- A11. Louisiana Purchase and controversies, 1803-1819 -- A12. Territorial acquisitions, 1776-1866 -- A13. Land and water routes, 1829-1860 -- A14. Mexican War and compromise of 1850 -- A15. Secession, 1860-1861 -- A16. Civil War -- A17. Abolition and reconstruction -- A18. (a)Western statehood, (b)Land grants to railroads -- A19. Lines of transportation, 1918 -- A20. (a)Resources, (b)Conservation -- A21. Industrial United States -- A22. Agricultural United States -- A23. United States in the Caribbean -- A24. Greater United States, 1918 -- A25. Population density, 1790-1870 -- A26. Population density, 1880-1910 -- A27. Population density, 1920 -- A28. U.S. land survey -- A29. Presidential elections, 1796-1820 -- A30. Presidential elections, 1824-1844 -- A31. Presidential elections, 1848-1860 -- A32. Presidential elections, 1864-1876 -- A33. Presidential elections, 1880-1892 -- A34. Presidential elections, 1896-1908 -- A35. Presidential elections, 1912-1924 -- A36. Slavery, 1776-1849 -- A37. Slavery, 1850-1865 -- A38. Manhood suffrage -- A39. Woman suffrage -- A40. Liquor regulations -- A41. Sources of immigrants -- A42. Immigration of various peoples -- A43. Transportation at various periods -- A44. Power of the voter -- A45. Chart of federal government -- A46. Chart of state government -- A47. Chart of city government -- A48. United States today.
- Subject Headings
- - United States--Historical geography--Maps
- - United States--Territorial expansion--Maps
- - United States--Territories and possessions--Maps
- - Presidents--United States--Election--Maps
- - United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Caribbean Area--Maps
- - United States
- - Caribbean Area
- - Wall maps.
- - Relief shown by gradient tints and hachures.
- - Title from the separately published Teacher's manual accompanying the Hart-Bolton American history maps. Chicago : Denoyer-Geppert, 1919.
- - Manuals describing maps A1-A24 and A25-A48 were published by Denoyer-Geppert in 1919 and 1928 respectively.
- - The Hart-Bolton American history series was edited by Albert Bushnell Hart, David Maydole Matteson, and Herbert E. Bolton.
- - Earlier sheets indicate Bolton American history series.
- - Secession, 1860-1861 (A15) LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 4
- - Civil War (A16) LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 57
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Some sheets include charts and graphs.
- - Some maps include insets.
- - In lower left margin: "For explanation, see manual which accompanies this series."
- - Mounted on cloth.
- - LC has 2 copies of sheet A27.
- 48 maps : col. ; sheets 80 x 112 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3701.S1 svar .B52
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsBlair, R. Baxter
Bolton, Herbert Eugene
Denoyer, L. P. (Levinus Philippus)
Hart, Albert Bushnell
Matteson, David Maydole
Territories and Possessions
Articles and Essays with this item:
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Blair, R. Baxter, L. P Denoyer, Albert Bushnell Hart, David Maydole Matteson, Herbert Eugene Bolton, and Denoyer-Geppert Company. [Hart-Bolton American history maps]. Chicago: Denoyer-Geppert Co., to 1927, 1917. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2009578549/. (Accessed December 08, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Blair, R. B., Denoyer, L. P., Hart, A. B., Matteson, D. M., Bolton, H. E. & Denoyer-Geppert Company. (1917) [Hart-Bolton American history maps]. Chicago: Denoyer-Geppert Co., to 1927. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2009578549/.
MLA citation style:
Blair, R. Baxter, et al. [Hart-Bolton American history maps]. Chicago: Denoyer-Geppert Co., to 1927, 1917. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2009578549/>.