Map Military maps of the United States.
About this Item
- Military maps of the United States.
- United States. Army. Corps of Engineers.
Created / Published
- [Washington : Secretary of War, Office of the Chief of Engineers, U.S.A., 1883]
- - United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Campaigns--Maps
- - United States--History, Military--19th century--Maps
- - Fortification--United States--History--19th century--Maps
- - United States
- - Relief shown by contours, hachures, and spot heights on some maps. Depths shown by contours on some maps.
- - Title from spine.
- - Maps dated from 1862 to 1883.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 93
- - LeGear. Atlases of the United States, 10674
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- - Includes list of contents affixed to blank page preceeding map sheets.
- - Bound collection of maps including a "Military map showing the marches of the United States forces under command of Maj. Genl. W. T. Sherman, U.S.A., during the years 1863, 1864, 1865," and maps of the battles of Knoxville, Chattanooga, Atlanta, Blakely, Nashville, Shiloh, Fort Fisher, South Mountain, Vicksburg, Franklin, Antietam, Harpers Ferry, Fredericksburg, Chancellorsville, Wilderness, Spotsylvania, North Anna, Totopotomoy, Cold Harbor, Bermuda Hundred, Richmond, Petersburg and Five Forks, Jetersville and Sailors Creek, High Bridge and Farmville, and Appomattox Court House.
- - LC copy imperfect: Torn at some sheet edges.
- 1 atlas (1 v. (unpaged)) : 36 maps (some col., some folded) ; 77 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G1201.S5 U52 1883
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
United States Army. Corps Of Engineers. Military maps of the United States. [Washington: Secretary of War, Office of the Chief of Engineers, U.S.A, 1883] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2009581117/.
APA citation style:
United States Army. Corps Of Engineers. (1883) Military maps of the United States. [Washington: Secretary of War, Office of the Chief of Engineers, U.S.A] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2009581117/.
MLA citation style:
United States Army. Corps Of Engineers. Military maps of the United States. [Washington: Secretary of War, Office of the Chief of Engineers, U.S.A, 1883] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2009581117/>.