Map The American Civil War--maps.
About this Item
- The American Civil War--maps.
- Contributor Names
- Formby, John.
- Created / Published
- [New York : Scribners, 1910]
- Subject Headings
- - United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Campaigns--Maps
- - United States
- - Title from cover.
- - Issued to accompany Formby, John. The American Civil War, a concise history of its causes, progress, and results (New York, Scribners, 1910).
- - Listed in C.E. Le Gear's A List of Geographical Atlases in the Library of Congress (Washington, Library of Congress, 1973), v. 7, no. 10657.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 66
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes maps of the principal campaigns and battles of the Civil War.
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Errata slip inserted.
- - LC copy imperfect: Part of spine detached, List of maps and some map sheets torn apart from spine.
- 1 atlas ( p., 65 leaves of plates) : 65 [i.e. 66] col. folded maps, 23 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G1201.S5 F6 1910
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- online text
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Formby, John. The American Civil War--maps. [New York: Scribners, 1910] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2009581125/.
APA citation style:
Formby, J. (1910) The American Civil War--maps. [New York: Scribners] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2009581125/.
MLA citation style:
Formby, John. The American Civil War--maps. [New York: Scribners, 1910] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2009581125/>.
More Maps like this
MapThe American Civil War--maps. Title from cover. Issued to accompany Formby, John. The American Civil War, a concise history of its causes, progress, and results (London, John Murray, 1910). Listed in C.E. Le Gear's A List...
- Contributor: Formby, John
- Date: 1910
MapCampaigns of the American Civil War--atlas
American Civil War atlas Title from cover. Statement of responsibility and imprint information derived from card catalog. LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 64 Includes maps of the battles of 1st and 2d Manassas, Seven Pines,...
- Contributor: Fiebeger, G. J. (Gustav Joseph) - Fiebeger, G. J.
- Date: 1914
MapThe West Point atlas of the Civil War "Adapted from the West Point atlas of American wars, Volume I." Bibliography:  p. at end. LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 97.2 LeGear. Atlases of the United States, 10682 Available also...
- Contributor: Frederick A. Praeger, Inc - United States Military Academy. Department of Military Art and Engineering - Esposito, Vincent J. (Vincent Joseph)
- Date: 1962
MapAtlas of the war of the Rebellion giving Union and Confederate armies by actual surveys by ...
Rebellion atlas Relief shown by contours, shading, and hachures on some maps. "This volume will contain over seven hundred maps, showing all the battle-fields from 1861-to 1865." "Entered according to Act of Congress in...
- Contributor: Caldwell, J. A. (John Alexander) - United States. War Department - Davis, George (George Breckenridge) - Cowles, Calvin D. (Calvin Duvall)
- Date: 1892
MapAtlas to accompany Steele's American campaigns LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 96 LeGear. Atlases of the United States, 10680 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- Contributor: Steele, Matthew Forney - United States Military Academy. Department of Military Art and Engineering - Esposito, Vincent J. (Vincent Joseph)
- Date: 1956