Maps Map of the rebel fortifications at Columbus, Ky. Rebel fortifications at Columbus, Ky.
About this Item
- Map of the rebel fortifications at Columbus, Ky.
- Other Title
- Rebel fortifications at Columbus, Ky.
- Contributor Names
- Cullum, George W. (George Washington), 1809-1892.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Columbus Region (Ky.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Fortification--Kentucky--Columbus Region--Maps
- - Columbus Region (Ky.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - United States--Kentucky--Columbus Region
- - Relief shown by hachures and spot heights.
- - Finished manuscript map of Columbus and vicinity, Ky., displaying roads, city streets without names, buildings, drainage, some vegetation, "Mobile and Ohio R.R.," and the location of "abattis or felled trees" which obstructed the approaches to the fortifications.
- - In the lower right corner: Engr. Dept. July 18/64. Recd. with Gen. Cullum's letter of the 16th inst. (C.5621).
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 216.95
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes six "Cross sections of the different intrenchments" and a list of references.
- 1 ms. map ; 46 x 47 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3954.C515S5 1862 .C8
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsCullum, George W.
Cullum, George W. (George Washington)
Columbus Region (Ky.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Cullum, George W. Map of the rebel fortifications at Columbus, Ky. 1862. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2009581441/. (Accessed January 20, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Cullum, G. W. (1862) Map of the rebel fortifications at Columbus, Ky. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2009581441/.
MLA citation style:
Cullum, George W. Map of the rebel fortifications at Columbus, Ky. 1862. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2009581441/>.