Maps J. De Cordova's map of the state of Texas
About this Item
- J. De Cordova's map of the state of Texas
- Other Title
- J. De Cordova's map of Texas
- Map of the state of Texas
- State of Texas
- Contributor Names
- Creuzbaur, Robert.
- De Cordova, Jacob, 1808-1868.
- Atwood, John M., approximately 1818-
- Created / Published
- [United States : s.n.], 1853.
- Subject Headings
- - Texas--Maps
- - Texas--Administrative and political divisions--Maps
- - United States--Texas
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Shows counties.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress on the 28th day of July 1848 by J. De Cordova in the Clerks Office of the United States District Court for the District of Texas."
- - "Without my signature all copies of this map have been fraudulently obtained. J. De Cordova."
- - Prime meridians: Greenwich and Washington.
- - Includes elliptical inset of southwestern U.S. and Mexico. Scale [ca. 1:9,000,000].
- - Includes list of land districts and text.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- l map : hand col. ; 83 x 79 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G4030 1853 .C7
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Creuzbaur, Robert, Jacob De Cordova, and John M Atwood. J. De Cordova's map of the state of Texas. [United States: s.n, 1853] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2009582404/. (Accessed September 30, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Creuzbaur, R., De Cordova, J. & Atwood, J. M. (1853) J. De Cordova's map of the state of Texas. [United States: s.n] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2009582404/.
MLA citation style:
Creuzbaur, Robert, Jacob De Cordova, and John M Atwood. J. De Cordova's map of the state of Texas. [United States: s.n, 1853] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2009582404/>.