Maps A map of the British Empire in America with the French and Spanish settlements adjacent thereto
About this Item
- A map of the British Empire in America with the French and Spanish settlements adjacent thereto
- Other Title
- America Septentrionalis
- Contributor Names
- Popple, Henry, -1743.
- Toms, W. H. (William Henry), approximately 1700-approximately 1750.
- Seale, Richard William.
- Lemprière, C. (Clement), 1716?-1746.
- Baron, Bernard, 1696-1762.
- Created / Published
- [London : s.n., 1733]
- Subject Headings
- - North America--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Great Britain--Colonies--America--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - France--Colonies--America--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Spain--Colonies--America--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - North America
- - Great Britain
- - France
- - Spain
- - Relief shown pictorially. Depths shown by soundings.
- - Title from plate 17.
- - Originally published as 1 map on 20 sheets. LC copy bound. Index map bound-in.
- - Phillips. Maps of America, p. 569
- - Sheet of paper (25 x 19 cm.) listing the numbered plates mounted on preliminary leaf.
- - On title cartouche (plate 17): C. Lempriere inv. & del., B. Baron, sculp.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes notes, dedication, 4 views, and 17 harbor insets.
- - Margins trimmed on index map.
- - Conserved July 15, 1985.
- 1 atlas ( leaves) : 21 plates of maps (1 folded, hand col.) ; 54 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G1105 .P6 1733
- G3300 1733 .P63 Vault Not bound. 1 map on 2 sheets (sheets 244 x 118 cm.). Hand col. Mounted on cloth. Map thoroughly darkened obscuring original coloration. Major losses across top margin. In manuscript on cloth label (12 x 27 cm.) affixed to verso: N. Rochefort, president of College of Orleans.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- online text
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Lemprière, C. (clement)
Seale, Richard William
Toms, W. H. (william Henry)
Early Works to 1800
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Popple, Henry, -1743, W. H Toms, Richard William Seale, C Lemprière, and Bernard Baron. A map of the British Empire in America with the French and Spanish settlements adjacent thereto. [London: s.n, 1733] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2009582407/. (Accessed October 27, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Popple, H., Toms, W. H., Seale, R. W., Lemprière, C. & Baron, B. (1733) A map of the British Empire in America with the French and Spanish settlements adjacent thereto. [London: s.n] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2009582407/.
MLA citation style:
Popple, Henry, -1743, et al. A map of the British Empire in America with the French and Spanish settlements adjacent thereto. [London: s.n, 1733] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2009582407/>.