Map [Aeronautical strip maps of the United States]. Air Corps map / Air Corps edition
About this Item
- [Aeronautical strip maps of the United States].
- Air Corps map
- Air Corps edition
- United States. Army. Air Corps.
- United States. Army. Corps of Engineers.
- Geological Survey (U.S.). Topographic Branch.
Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : Air Corps, <1924- >
- - Aeronautical charts--United States
- - Airways--United States--Maps
- - United States
- - Relief shown by contours, gradient tints, and form lines.
- - Title supplied by cataloger.
- - Includes various editions of some sheets.
- - Orientation varies.
- - Some sheets by the Corps of Engineers. Some sheets by the Geological Survey.
- - Some sheets have "night flying map" on verso.
- - Sheets individually titled and numbered, e.g.: Air navigation map no. 8, New Orleans, La. to Montgomery, Ala. -- Air navigation map no. 9, Chicago, Ill. to Iowa City, Iowa -- Air navigation map no. 36, Louisville, Ky. to Dayton, Ohio, etc.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- < > maps : col. ; 119 x 119 cm. or smaller.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3701.P6 s500 .U48
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
Rights and Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Electronic Sources on the Learning Page.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
United States Army. Air Corps, United States Army. Corps Of Engineers, and U.S.. Topographic Branch Geological Survey. Aeronautical strip maps of the United States. Washington, D.C.: Air Corps, <- >, 1924. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2009582531/.
APA citation style:
United States Army. Air Corps, United States Army. Corps Of Engineers & Geological Survey, U. S. T. B. (1924) Aeronautical strip maps of the United States. Washington, D.C.: Air Corps, <- >. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2009582531/.
MLA citation style:
United States Army. Air Corps, United States Army. Corps Of Engineers, and U.S.. Topographic Branch Geological Survey. Aeronautical strip maps of the United States. Washington, D.C.: Air Corps, <- >, 1924. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2009582531/>.