Map Sectional aeronautical charts : [United States].
About this Item
- Sectional aeronautical charts : [United States].
- U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey.
- United States. Federal Aviation Administration.
- National Ocean Survey.
Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey, 1927-
- - Aeronautical charts--United States
- - Airways--United States--Maps
- - United States
- - Covers the conterminous United States.
- - Relief shown by contours, gradient tints, form lines, and spot heights.
- - Geographic coverage complete in 87 sheets.
- - Includes multiple editions of all maps.
- - Accompanied by Coast and Geodetic Survey index (on sheet 41 x 56 cm.).
- - Later sheets by the National Ocean Survey and by the Federal Aviation Administration.
- - Text, ill., and diagrams on verso of later sheets.
- - Sheets individually titled, e.g.: Aberdeen, sectional aeronautical chart -- Lake of the Woods, sectional aeronautical chart -- New Orleans, sectional aeronautical chart, etc.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- < > maps : some both sides, col. ; 100 x 100 cm. or smaller.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3701.P6 s500 .U5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
Rights and Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Electronic Sources on the Learning Page.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
U.S. Coast And Geodetic Survey, United States Federal Aviation Administration, and National Ocean Survey. Sectional aeronautical charts: United States. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey, 1927. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2009582532/.
APA citation style:
U.S. Coast And Geodetic Survey, United States Federal Aviation Administration & National Ocean Survey. (1927) Sectional aeronautical charts: United States. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2009582532/.
MLA citation style:
U.S. Coast And Geodetic Survey, United States Federal Aviation Administration, and National Ocean Survey. Sectional aeronautical charts: United States. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey, 1927. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2009582532/>.