Map A map of the British and French settlements in North America
About this Item
- A map of the British and French settlements in North America
- Phin, Thomas.
Created / Published
- [Edinburgh? : s.n., 1755?]
- - North America--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Great Britain--Colonies--America--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - France--Colonies--America--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - North America
- - Great Britain
- - France
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Prime meridian: London.
- - From: Scots magazine. 1755, v. 17.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 66
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes brief text summarizing the English claim to North America.
- - Mounted on paper, mounted on cloth. Margins trimmed. Minor staining.
- 1 map ; 27 x 38 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3300 1755 .M31
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Phin, Thomas. A map of the British and French settlements in North America. [Edinburgh?: s.n., ?, 1755] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2009582533/.
APA citation style:
Phin, T. (1755) A map of the British and French settlements in North America. [Edinburgh?: s.n., ?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2009582533/.
MLA citation style:
Phin, Thomas. A map of the British and French settlements in North America. [Edinburgh?: s.n., ?, 1755] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2009582533/>.