Maps Gillette's map of Wayne Co., New York
About this Item
- Gillette's map of Wayne Co., New York
- Contributor Names
- French, J. H. (John Homer), 1824-1888.
- Gillette, John E.
- Smith, Robert Pearsall, 1827-1898.
- Created / Published
- Philadelphia : John E. Gillette, 1858.
- Subject Headings
- - Wayne County (N.Y.)--Maps
- - Wayne County (N.Y.)--Administrative and political divisions--Maps
- - Lyons (N.Y.)--Maps
- - Real property--New York (State)--Wayne County--Maps
- - Landowners--New York (State)--Wayne County--Maps
- - Cities and towns--New York (State)--Wayne County--Maps
- - Villages--New York (State)--Wayne County--Maps
- - United States--New York (State)--Wayne County
- - United States--New York (State)--Lyons
- Cadastral maps
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Includes 26 insets, 11 views, 1855 census data, business directories, and table of distances.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress by R. P. Smith, in the year 1858 ... Eastern District of Pennsylvania."
- - LC Land ownership maps, 576
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : hand col. ; 146 x 147 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3803.W4 1858 .G5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsFrench, J. H.
French, J. H. (John Homer)
Gillette, John E.
Smith, Robert Pearsall
New York (State)
SubjectsAdministrative and Political Divisions
Cities and Towns
New York (State)
Wayne County (N.Y.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
French, J. H, John E Gillette, and Robert Pearsall Smith. Gillette's map of Wayne Co., New York. Philadelphia: John E. Gillette, 1858. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2009583838/. (Accessed January 22, 2017.)
APA citation style:
French, J. H., Gillette, J. E. & Smith, R. P. (1858) Gillette's map of Wayne Co., New York. Philadelphia: John E. Gillette. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2009583838/.
MLA citation style:
French, J. H, John E Gillette, and Robert Pearsall Smith. Gillette's map of Wayne Co., New York. Philadelphia: John E. Gillette, 1858. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2009583838/>.