Photo, Print, Drawing Stimmung im deutschen Heer
Full online access to this resource is only available at the Library of Congress.
About this Item
- Stimmung im deutschen Heer
- Photograph shows German soldiers entertaining themselves with a performance of folk dancing.
- Created / Published
- [between 1914 and 1918]
- Subject Headings
- - World War, 1914-1918--Military life--German
- - Folk dancing--1910-1920
- - Soldiers--German--1910-1920
- Photographic prints--1910-1920.
- - Title from item (handwritten caption in German).
- - Caption continues: - die Soldaten haben zum Zeitvertreib ein bayr. Volksfest arrangiert, sie führen die Tänze einer Schuhplattlertruppe auf die. Frau ist auch ein feldgrauen Soldat.
- - Stamped on verso: A891.
- - Stamped on verso: F.J.M. Rehse Archiv f. Zeitgeschichte u. Publizistik, München.
- - Inscribed on verso: The mood in the German army: the soldiers have arranged a Bavarian folk festival to enjoy themselves. They are performing a dance. The woman is also a soldier.
- 1 photographic print.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- LOT 8789 [item] [P&P]
- Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/pp.print
- Digital Id
- cph 3a23652 //hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3a23652
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Reproduction Number
- LC-USZ62-22570 (b&w film copy neg.)
- Rights Advisory
- Rights status not evaluated. For general information see "Copyright and Other Restrictions...," https://www.loc.gov/rr/print/195_copr.html
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
- Rights Advisory: Rights status not evaluated. For general information see "Copyright and Other Restrictions...," https://www.loc.gov/rr/print/195_copr.html
- Reproduction Number: LC-USZ62-22570 (b&w film copy neg.)
- Call Number: LOT 8789 [item] [P&P]
- Access Advisory: ---
If an image is displaying, you can download it yourself. (Some images display only as thumbnails outside the Library of Congress because of rights considerations, but you have access to larger size images on site.)
Alternatively, you can purchase copies of various types through Library of Congress Duplication Services.
- If a digital image is displaying: The qualities of the digital image partially depend on whether it was made from the original or an intermediate such as a copy negative or transparency. If the Reproduction Number field above includes a reproduction number that starts with LC-DIG..., then there is a digital image that was made directly from the original and is of sufficient resolution for most publication purposes.
If there is information listed in the Reproduction Number field above:
You can use the reproduction number to purchase a copy from Duplication Services. It will be
made from the source listed in the parentheses after the number.
If only black-and-white ("b&w") sources are listed and you desire a copy showing color or tint (assuming the original has any), you can generally purchase a quality copy of the original in color by citing the Call Number listed above and including the catalog record ("About This Item") with your request.
- If there is no information listed in the Reproduction Number field above: You can generally purchase a quality copy through Duplication Services. Cite the Call Number listed above and include the catalog record ("About This Item") with your request.
Price lists, contact information, and order forms are available on the Duplication Services Web site.
Access to Originals
Please use the following steps to determine whether you need to fill out a call slip in the Prints and Photographs Reading Room to view the original item(s). In some cases, a surrogate (substitute image) is available, often in the form of a digital image, a copy print, or microfilm.
Is the item digitized? (A thumbnail (small) image will be visible on the left.)
Yes, the item is digitized.
Please use the digital image in preference to requesting the original. All images can be
viewed at a large size when you are in any reading room at the Library of Congress. In some
cases, only thumbnail (small) images are available when you are outside the Library of
Congress because the item is rights restricted or has not been evaluated for rights
As a preservation measure, we generally do not serve an original item when a digital image is available. If you have a compelling reason to see the original, consult with a reference librarian. (Sometimes, the original is simply too fragile to serve. For example, glass and film photographic negatives are particularly subject to damage. They are also easier to see online where they are presented as positive images.)
- No, the item is not digitized. Please go to #2.
- Yes, the item is digitized. Please use the digital image in preference to requesting the original. All images can be viewed at a large size when you are in any reading room at the Library of Congress. In some cases, only thumbnail (small) images are available when you are outside the Library of Congress because the item is rights restricted or has not been evaluated for rights restrictions.
Do the Access Advisory or Call Number fields above indicate that a non-digital surrogate exists, such as microfilm or copy prints?
- Yes, another surrogate exists. Reference staff can direct you to this surrogate.
- No, another surrogate does not exist. Please go to #3.
- If you do not see a thumbnail image or a reference to another surrogate, please fill out a call slip in the Prints and Photographs Reading Room. In many cases, the originals can be served in a few minutes. Other materials require appointments for later the same day or in the future. Reference staff can advise you in both how to fill out a call slip and when the item can be served.
To contact Reference staff in the Prints and Photographs Reading Room, please use our Ask A Librarian service or call the reading room between 8:30 and 5:00 at 202-707-6394, and Press 3.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Stimmung im deutschen Heer. , None. [Between 1914 and 1918] Photograph. https://www.loc.gov/item/2009631841/.
APA citation style:
Stimmung im deutschen Heer. , None. [Between 1914 and 1918] [Photograph] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2009631841/.
MLA citation style:
Stimmung im deutschen Heer. [Between 1914 and 1918] Photograph. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2009631841/>.
More Photos, Prints, Drawings like this
Photo, Print, DrawingWeihnachtsfeier deutscher Landsturmleute an der Front 1 photographic print. | Photograph shows German soldiers decorating a Christmas tree while stationed near the front lines.
- Date: 1914
Photo, Print, DrawingDeutsche Soldaten als Musikfreunde im franz. quartier 1 photographic print. | Photograph shows a woman and two girls, one holding a cat, listening to four German soldiers playing musical instruments.
- Date: 1914
CollectionOfficers and men of the Central Powers 51 photographic prints ; 18 x 24 cm. | Photographs show Bulgarian infantry and cavalry; German infantry, artillery units, etc. Kaiser Wilhelm and other leaders on the western front. Also, troop trains,...
- Contributor: Rehse Archiv Für Zeitgeschichte Und Publizistik, Dlc
- Date: 1914
Photo, Print, DrawingBei de Eroberung russischer Festungen u. serbischer Lagerbestände sind der deutschen Heeresbildung grosse Bestände an Automobilreifen ... 1 photographic print. | Photograph shows German officers standing among automobile tires scattered in front of a building.
- Date: 1914
Photo, Print, DrawingDeutsche Heldengräber in der Nähe von Tannenberg 1 photographic print. | Photograph shows a woman grieving at a grave marked by a wooden cross in a cemetery near Tannenberg.
- Date: 1914