3D Object [Charles Dickens's walking stick]. Dickens's walking stick / Dickens' walking stick
About this Item
- [Charles Dickens's walking stick].
- Dickens's walking stick
- Dickens' walking stick
- Wood walking stick with carved ivory head used by Charles Dickens (1812-1870) during the period of his second tour (1867-1868) to America and at Gadshill. Dickens's ownership of the item is authenticated by accompanying notes from his sister-in-law Georgina Hogarth (1827-1917), to whom Dickens left his personal possessions.
- John Davis Batchelder Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- - Staffs (Sticks, canes, etc.)
- - Dickens, Charles,--1812-1870
- - Digital image of walking stick also available on the Library of Congress Web site.
- 1 walking stick : wood and ivory 15 x 15 cm. (variable)
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in the documents in this collection. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights. The determination of the status of an item ultimately rests with the person desiring to reproduce or use the item.
Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division
Availability of Reproductions
To inquire about copies of Rare Book and Special Collections Division items, contact the Photoduplication Service (telephone: 202-707-5640). Orders are accepted by mail and by fax.
The Photoduplication Service estimates that it takes 3-6 weeks to complete an order.
For Further Information
If you have comments or additional questions, please contact us.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
John Davis Batchelder Collection. Charles Dickens's walking stick. [186-?, 1860] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2009655200/.
APA citation style:
John Davis Batchelder Collection. (1860) Charles Dickens's walking stick. [186-?] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2009655200/.
MLA citation style:
John Davis Batchelder Collection. Charles Dickens's walking stick. [186-?, 1860] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2009655200/>.