Book/Printed Material Diddie, Dumps, and Tot, or, Plantation child-life Diddie, Dumps, and Tot / Plantation child-life
About this Item
- Diddie, Dumps, and Tot, or, Plantation child-life
- Diddie, Dumps, and Tot
- Plantation child-life
- Pyrnelle, Louise Clarke.
- Sheppard, William Ludwell, 1833-1912, ill.
Created / Published
- New York : Harper & Brothers, Franklin Square, 1882.
- - African Americans--Juvenile fiction
- - Plantation life--Juvenile fiction
- - Slaves--Juvenile fiction
- Juvenile literature--1882
- - Twelve full-page illustrations included in pagination. Some illustrations signed: WLS (William Ludwell Sheppard).
- - "Interesting and popular books depicting southern life and character"--2 p. at end.
- - Haviland, V. Yankee Doodle's literary sampler, p. 277-283
- - Blanck, J. Peter Parley to Penrod, p. 64
- - In original publisher's binding: green cloth over boards, with illustration and title stamped in dark green.
- - LC copy is a copyright deposit: Oct. 14, 1882, no. 5891h 2.
- viii, , 14-217, , 2 p. : ill. ; 17 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- PZ7.P998 Di 1882
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in the documents in this collection. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights. The determination of the status of an item ultimately rests with the person desiring to reproduce or use the item.
Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division
Availability of Reproductions
To inquire about copies of Rare Book and Special Collections Division items, contact the Photoduplication Service (telephone: 202-707-5640). Orders are accepted by mail and by fax.
The Photoduplication Service estimates that it takes 3-6 weeks to complete an order.
For Further Information
If you have comments or additional questions, please contact us.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Pyrnelle, Louise Clarke, and William Ludwell Sheppard. Diddie, Dumps, and Tot, or, Plantation child-life. New York: Harper & Brothers, Franklin Square, 1882. Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2010367711/.
APA citation style:
Pyrnelle, L. C. & Sheppard, W. L. (1882) Diddie, Dumps, and Tot, or, Plantation child-life. New York: Harper & Brothers, Franklin Square. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2010367711/.
MLA citation style:
Pyrnelle, Louise Clarke, and William Ludwell Sheppard. Diddie, Dumps, and Tot, or, Plantation child-life. New York: Harper & Brothers, Franklin Square, 1882. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2010367711/>.