Notated Music Frühlingssymphonie, [No. 1, in B flat, Op. 38]
About this Item
- Frühlingssymphonie, [No. 1, in B flat, Op. 38]
- Contributor Names
- Schumann, Robert -- 1810-1856
- Created / Published
- 1841, monographic.
- Subject Headings
- - Symphonies -- Scores
- - Holograph.
- - In ink and pencil sketches, and the full score (Jan. 2-Feb. 20 1841) in the composer's handwriting; the original pencil sketches precede the full score.
- - Composer has pasted corrections on p. 28, 41, and 45.
- -  pages of music, of which 16 pages (159-174) containing the beginning of the finale, are not in Schumann's hand; laid in,  p. of music, containing the first autograph version of the greater part of the Trio II which was later added to the Scherzo.
- - Composed in 1841 and first performed at the Leipzig Gewandhause on March 31st of the year under the baton of Felix Mendelssohn.
- - On front and back of front fly-leaf dates of ca. 50 performances with the names of conductors.
- - On second fly-leaf dedication from Clara Schumann to Hermann Levi.
- - The fourth movement is partly in a copyist's hand, Carl Brückner, Leipzig.
- - For full description of this ms. and its history see Georg Kinsky's Catalogue of the Heyer collection, ML138.H39 vol. IV, p. 342-348.
- - Purchase; Henrici & Liepmannssohn 1926 Dec. (acquisition)
- - Henrici & Liepmannssohn auction of the Nachlass of Wilhelm Heyer. Heyer was custodian of the ms. since 1906; prior to that the score was in custody of Hermann Levi--a gift from Clara Schuman. (ownership)
- manuscript score
- 1 ms. score (,  p.) ; 29-33 cm.
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Related Resources
- http://lcweb2.loc.gov/diglib/ihas/loc.natlib.ihas.200185109/default.html (electronic resource)
- LC Classification
- ML96 .S415
- Library of Congress Catalog Number Record
- Online Public Access Catalog Record
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Schumann, Robert. [Frühlingssymphonie, No. 1, in B flat, Op. 38]. , Monographic, 1841. Notated Music. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2010560189. (Accessed February 13, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Schumann, R. (1841) [Frühlingssymphonie, No. 1, in B flat, Op. 38]. , Monographic. [Notated Music] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2010560189.
MLA citation style:
Schumann, Robert. [Frühlingssymphonie, No. 1, in B flat, Op. 38]. , Monographic, 1841. Notated Music. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2010560189>.