Notated Music [Brevarium].
About this Item
- Catholic Church.
Created / Published
- - Morning service music
- - Antiphons (Music)
- - Responses (Music)
- - Breviaries
- - Gregorian chants
- - In ink, rubricated.
- - German notated breviary fragment from the 12th century; lessons and responsories for matins of Christmas Eve, followed by complete lauds and lesser hours and prime, terce, sext.
- - Example of melisma within decorative red lines.
- - German staffless neumes, with some heightening; double column.
- - Latin words.
- - Ricci, S. de. Census of medieval and renaissance mss., p. 242, 156.5
- - Purchase; Maggs; July 1927.
-  p. of ms. music ; 31 x 20 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- M2.1 XII M4 M2147
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The contents of the Library of Congress 10th-16th Century Liturgical Chants Collection are in the public domain and are free to use and reuse.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Music Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Catholic Church. Brevarium. [11--?] Notated Music. https://www.loc.gov/item/2010560236/.
APA citation style:
Catholic Church. Brevarium. [11--?] [Notated Music] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2010560236/.
MLA citation style:
Catholic Church. Brevarium. [11--?] Notated Music. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2010560236/>.