About this Item
- Contributor Names
- Cresques, Abraham, -1387.
- Bibliothèque nationale de France.
- Created / Published
- Barcelona : [s.n.], 1959.
- Subject Headings
- - Atlases--Early works to 1800--Facsimiles
- - Nautical charts--Early works to 1800
- - Geography, Medieval--Early works to 1800
- - Manuscripts, Catalan--Facsimiles
- - Early maps--Facsimiles
- - Earth
- - Relief and depths shown pictorially.
- - Title from first word of descriptive text on first facsim. leaf.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - In Catalan; introd.; uncaptioned in Spanish by J. Vernet and D. Romano.
- - Traditionally attributed to A. Cresques, with the possible collaboration of his son, J. Cresques.
- - Facsim. of the 1375 ed. of the Catalan atlas, slightly reduced, in the Bibliothèque Nationale, known as "Atlas catalan de 1375."
- - Issued as portfolio.
- - Illuminated by hand in color and gold leaf.
- 1 atlas (1 leaf, 6 leaves of plates) : col. maps ; 69 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G1001 .C7 1959
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Cresques, Abraham, -1387, and Bibliothèque Nationale De France. Mapamondi. [Barcelona: S.N, 1959] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2010587630/.
APA citation style:
Cresques, A. & Bibliothèque Nationale De France. (1959) Mapamondi. [Barcelona: S.N] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2010587630/.
MLA citation style:
Cresques, Abraham, -1387, and Bibliothèque Nationale De France. Mapamondi. [Barcelona: S.N, 1959] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2010587630/>.
More Maps like this
MapCarta universal en que se contiene todo lo que del mundo se ha descubierto fasta agora In lower margin: The second Borgian map by Diego Ribero, Seville 1529. "Reproduced from the original in the Museum of the 'Propaganda' in Rome, lent by His Holiness Pope Leo XIII, by...
- Contributor: Ribero, Diego
- Date: 1887
MapAtlas maritimus or, the sea-atlas : being a book of maratime (sic) charts describing the coasts, ...
Sea-atlas, containing an hydrographical description of the sea-coasts of most of the known parts of the world Relief shown pictorially on some maps. Depths shown by soundings on some maps. Engraved title page. Phillips, 3455 Includes "Mapp of the world" on engraved title page. Available also through the Library...
- Contributor: Thornton, John
- Date: 1700
Loots atlas Nautical charts with numerous place-names along coastlines. Depths shown by soundings. Title from citation in Philip Lee Phillips' A list of geographical atlases, p. 246. Most maps in Dutch; text and titles...
- Contributor: Loots, Johannes
- Date: 1705
MapTaboas geraes de toda a navegação
Mapas generales originales y universales des todo el orue con los puertos principales y fortalezas de Ambas Indias y una descripcion topographica de la region Austral Magallonica año de 1692 Relief shown pictorially. Orientation varies. Pen-and-ink and watercolor. Preface (4 p.) and last map created and added in 1692 by Don Francisco de Seixas y Lovera. Some staining and acid-transfer throughout. Bound...
- Contributor: Seixas Y Lovera, Francisco De. - Albernaz, João Teixeira - Attayde, Jeronimo De.
- Date: 1630
MapDa Qing wan nian yi tong tian xia quan tu.
大清万年一统天下全图. | The great Qing Dynasty's complete map of all under heaven Scale ca. 1:2,500,000. Covers from Korea to India, from Russia to Brunei. Shows the world known to the Chinese, with China at the center of the map. Wood block print. Relief shown...
- Contributor: Hummel, Arthur W. (Arthur William) - Huang, Qianren
- Date: 1811