Map Plan of Charles Town, Maryland.
About this Item
- Plan of Charles Town, Maryland.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Real property--Maryland--Charlestown--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Real property--Maryland--Charlestown--Surveys--Early works to 1800
- - Charlestown (Md.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Maryland--Charlestown
- - Cadastral survey map showing lot/tract lines, lot numbers, public lands, street names, and some acreages.
- - Relief shown by form lines.
- - Also shows "The Lord Properiators [sic] two lots."
- - Oriented with north toward the upper right.
- - Manuscript: pen-and-ink (dark brown).
- - Original sheet and backing hemmed by cloth strips at the 4 edges.
- - Imperfect: Mottled, fold-lined, missing small sections at sheet edges/fold lines.
- - Includes notes and index to points of interest.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 ms. map : cloth backing ; 55 x 37 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3844.C34G46 1770 .P5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Cadastral survey map showing lot/tract lines, lot numbers, public lands, street names, and some acreages. Relief shown by form lines. Also shows "The Lord Properiators [sic] two lots." Oriented with north toward the upper right. Manuscript: pen-and-ink (dark brown). Original sheet and backing hemmed by cloth strips at the 4 edges. Imperfect: Mottled, fold-lined, missing small sections at sheet edges/fold lines. Includes notes and index to points of interest. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Plan of Charles Town, Maryland. [?, 1770] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2010588342/.
APA citation style:
(1770) Plan of Charles Town, Maryland. [?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2010588342/.
MLA citation style:
Plan of Charles Town, Maryland. [?, 1770] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2010588342/>.
More Maps like this
MapMartenet's Map of Cecil County, Maryland : from the coast, and original surveys Shows county divisions and rural householders' names. Village insets show buildings and householders' names. Insets: Cherry Hill -- Rising Sun -- Brick Meeting House -- Port Deposit -- Charlestown -- Chesapeake City...
- Contributor: Martenet, Simon J.
- Date: 1858
MapSection no. 2, Chevy Chase, Maryland
Section number 2, Chevy Chase, Maryland Cadastral survey map of residential subdivisions in what is now the inc. town of Chevy Chase Village (Montgomery County, Md.). Shows lot lines, building frontage lines, lot/block numbers, lot/block dimensions (in ft.),...
- Contributor: Thos. J. Fisher and Co. - Norris Peters Co.
- Date: 1909
MapPlan showing that part of "Onion's Addition to Sweaty Banks" : which was conveyed by Thomas ...
Onion's Addition to Sweaty Banks Manuscript land ownership survey map of western portion of Edgewood, Harford County, Md. Shows real-property lines, measurements, orientations, acreages, tract names, and names of landowners. Gift; Kurt J. Kuhn; Aug. 2011. Pen-and-ink...
- Contributor: Onion, Thomas - Harford County (Md.). County Surveyor - Somerville, W. E.
MapMap of Atlantic City, Worcester County, Maryland
Atlantic City, Maryland | Facts about Atlantic City, Maryland, interesting to the cottage builder and investor Cadastral survey map of Atlantic City, now part of Assateague Island National Seashore, showing block numbers, lot lines/numbers/dimensions, and indication of "Sold" lots. "May 8, 1916." Oriented with north toward the upper...
- Contributor: Atlantic Realty Company - Tunis, Howard H. - Ocean Beach Development Co.
- Date: 1916
MapMap of Frederick County, Md. accurately drawn from correct instrumental surveys of all the county roads, Scale [ca. 1:63,360]. Relief shown by hachures. Includes 25 insets, illus. and text. Election districts shown. Landowners identified. LC Land ownership maps, 292 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site...
- Contributor: E. Sachse & Co. - Bond, Isaac
- Date: 1858