Maps Deepwater Horizon incident, Gulf of Mexico
About this Item
- Deepwater Horizon incident, Gulf of Mexico
- Contributor Names
- Jackson, Nicholas A., 1978-
- Congressional Cartography Program (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- Washington, DC : Congressional Cartography Program, 
- Subject Headings
- - Oil spills--Gulf Coast (U.S.)--Maps
- - Gulf Coast (U.S.)--Maps
- - Atlantic Coast (U.S.)--Maps
- - BP Deepwater Horizon Explosion and Oil Spill, 2010--Maps
- - United States--Gulf Coast
- - United States--Atlantic Coast
- Remote-sensing maps
- - Also covers portion of Atlantic coast along Florida and Georgia.
- - Shows incident site, area of "light oil sheen," Gulf Loop and Gulf Stream, and boundaries on remote-sensing imagery base.
- - "Satellite imagery source: NASA MODIS Terra, May 17, 2010, 16:45 UTC, and Aqua, May 17, 2010, 18:20 UTC; NASA MODIS sea surface temperature, 8-day composite May 1-8, 2010. May 21, 2010."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : col. ; 48 x 83 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3862.C6N856 2010 .J21
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsCongressional Cartography Program (library of Congress)
Jackson, Nicholas A.
Atlantic Coast (u.s.)
Bp Deepwater Horizon Explosion and Oil Spill
Gulf Coast (u.s.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Jackson, Nicholas A, and Congressional Cartography Program. Deepwater Horizon incident, Gulf of Mexico. [Washington, DC: Congressional Cartography Program, 2010] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2010589205/. (Accessed October 27, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Jackson, N. A. & Congressional Cartography Program. (2010) Deepwater Horizon incident, Gulf of Mexico. [Washington, DC: Congressional Cartography Program] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2010589205/.
MLA citation style:
Jackson, Nicholas A, and Congressional Cartography Program. Deepwater Horizon incident, Gulf of Mexico. [Washington, DC: Congressional Cartography Program, 2010] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2010589205/>.