Map [Map of eastern Canada].
About this Item
- [Map of eastern Canada].
- Contributor Names
- Ramusio, Giovanni Battista, 1485-1557.
- Created / Published
- [Venice? : s.n., 1565?]
- Subject Headings
- - Canada, Eastern--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Canada, Eastern
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - From Giovanni Battista Ramusio's Terzo volvme delle navigationi et viaggi ...? 1565? pp. 424-425?
- - In upper left margin: 424.
- - In upper right margin: 425.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map ; 27 x 38 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3400 1565 .M2
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Relief shown pictorially. From Giovanni Battista Ramusio's Terzo volvme delle navigationi et viaggi ...? 1565? pp. 424-425? In upper left margin: 424. In upper right margin: 425. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Ramusio, Giovanni Battista. Map of eastern Canada. [Venice?: s.n., ?, 1565] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2010593394/.
APA citation style:
Ramusio, G. B. (1565) Map of eastern Canada. [Venice?: s.n., ?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2010593394/.
MLA citation style:
Ramusio, Giovanni Battista. Map of eastern Canada. [Venice?: s.n., ?, 1565] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2010593394/>.
More Maps like this
Map[Manuscript map of Eastern Canada and New England]. Shows region from Lake Champlain in the west to Newfoundland in the east, from the Straits of Belle Isle in the North and to New Haven in the south. Relief shown by...
- Date: 1800
MapMap of the middle states of North America with part of Canada shewing the situation of ... Item 32 in exhibit, "City of magnificent distances, the nation's capital," that was presented in 1991 at Library of Congress. Map incorrectly locates "Columbia" (Washington, D.C.) on Shenandoah River. Available also through...
- Date: 1791
MapMap of the eastern portion of British North America : including the Gulf of St. Lawrence, ... Copy imperfect: Sectioned and mounted on cloth. Annotated. For another edition dated 1853, see Fillmore map collection, no. 121. Signed on verso: No. 120, British North America, 1852, Millard Fillmore. Available also...
- Contributor: Perley, Henry F.
- Date: 1852
MapMap of the eastern portion of British North America : including the Gulf of St. Lawrence, ... Copy imperfect: Discoloration, sectioned and mounted on cloth. For another edition, see Fillmore map collection, no. 120. Signed on verso: No. 120, British North America, 1853, Millard Fillmore. Available also through the...
- Contributor: Perley, Henry F.
- Date: 1853
MapThe United States of America with the British possessions of Canada, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and ... Relief shown pictorially. Differs from other copies in coloration. Prime meridians: Ferro and London. Includes article III of the Treaty. LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 752 Available also through the Library...
- Contributor: Robert Sayer and John Bennett (Firm)
- Date: 1783