Photo, Print, Drawing Logan Circle, NW, Washington, D.C.
About this Item
- Logan Circle, NW, Washington, D.C.
- Photo shows equestrian statue of Major Gener John A. Logan.
- Contributor Names
- Highsmith, Carol M., 1946-, photographer
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington (D.C.)
- - America
- - Logan Circle
- Format Headings
- Digital photographs--Color--2000-2010.
- - Logan Circle is a traffic circle, neighborhood, and historic district in the Northwest quadrant of Washington, D.C. The primarily residential neighborhood includes two historic districts, properties listed on the National Register of Historic Places, and sites designated D.C. Historic Landmarks.
- - Title, date, subject note, and keywords based on information provided by the photographer.
- - Credit line: The George F. Landegger Collection of District of Columbia Photographs in Carol M. Highsmith's America, Library of Congress, Prints and Photographs Division.
- - Gift; George F. Landegger; 2010; (DLC/PP-2010:176).
- - Forms part of the George F. Landegger Collection of District of Columbia Photographs in Carol M. Highsmith's America Project in the Carol M. Highsmith Archive.
- 1 photograph : digital, TIFF file, color.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- LC-DIG-highsm- 10102 (ONLINE) [P&P]
- Source Collection
- Highsmith, Carol M., 1946- Carol M. Highsmith Archive.
- Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/pp.print
- Digital Id
- highsm 10102 //hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/highsm.10102
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Reproduction Number
- LC-DIG-highsm-10102 (original digital file)
- Rights Advisory
- No known restrictions on publication.
- Online Format
- 1 photograph : digital, TIFF file, color. | Photo shows equestrian statue of Major Gener John A. Logan.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
The Library of Congress does not own rights to material in its collections. Therefore, it does not license or charge permission fees for use of such material and cannot grant or deny permission to publish or otherwise distribute the material.
Ultimately, it is the researcher's obligation to assess copyright or other use restrictions and obtain permission from third parties when necessary before publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the Library's collections.
For information about reproducing, publishing, and citing material from this collection, as well as access to the original items, see: Carol M. Highsmith - Rights and Restrictions Information
- Rights Advisory: No known restrictions on publication.
- Reproduction Number: LC-DIG-highsm-10102 (original digital file)
- Call Number: LC-DIG-highsm- 10102 (ONLINE) [P&P]
- Access Advisory: ---
Some images in this collection are described in groups; others are described individually. In some cases, all of the images in the group display online, in other cases they do not.
You can download online images yourself. Alternatively, you can purchase copies of various types.
Library of Congress Duplication Services can make copies of various types from images in Prints & Photographs Division Collections. Price lists, contact information, and order forms are available on the Duplication Services Web site.
Carol M. Highsmith sells prints of her photographs at: http://photographsamerica.com/ External .
Access to Originals
Please use the following steps to determine whether you need to fill out a call slip in the Prints and Photographs Reading Room to view the original item(s). In some cases, a surrogate (substitute image) is available, often in the form of a digital image, a copy print, or microfilm.
Is the item digitized? (A thumbnail (small) image will be visible on the left.)
Yes, the item is digitized.
Please use the digital image in preference to requesting the original. All images can be
viewed at a large size when you are in any reading room at the Library of Congress. In some
cases, only thumbnail (small) images are available when you are outside the Library of
Congress because the item is rights restricted or has not been evaluated for rights
As a preservation measure, we generally do not serve an original item when a digital image is available. If you have a compelling reason to see the original, consult with a reference librarian. (Sometimes, the original is simply too fragile to serve. For example, glass and film photographic negatives are particularly subject to damage. They are also easier to see online where they are presented as positive images.)
- No, the item is not digitized. Please go to #2.
- Yes, the item is digitized. Please use the digital image in preference to requesting the original. All images can be viewed at a large size when you are in any reading room at the Library of Congress. In some cases, only thumbnail (small) images are available when you are outside the Library of Congress because the item is rights restricted or has not been evaluated for rights restrictions.
Do the Access Advisory or Call Number fields above indicate that a non-digital surrogate exists, such as microfilm or copy prints?
- Yes, another surrogate exists. Reference staff can direct you to this surrogate.
- No, another surrogate does not exist. Please go to #3.
- If you do not see a thumbnail image or a reference to another surrogate, please fill out a call slip in the Prints and Photographs Reading Room. In many cases, the originals can be served in a few minutes. Other materials require appointments for later the same day or in the future. Reference staff can advise you in both how to fill out a call slip and when the item can be served.
To contact Reference staff in the Prints and Photographs Reading Room, please use our Ask A Librarian service or call the reading room between 8:30 and 5:00 at 202-707-6394, and Press 3.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Highsmith, Carol M, photographer. Logan Circle, NW, Washington, D.C. United States Washington D.C, 2010. Photograph. https://www.loc.gov/item/2010641913/.
APA citation style:
Highsmith, C. M., photographer. (2010) Logan Circle, NW, Washington, D.C. United States Washington D.C, 2010. [Photograph] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2010641913/.
MLA citation style:
Highsmith, Carol M, photographer. Logan Circle, NW, Washington, D.C. Photograph. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2010641913/>.