Map Map of Ohio
About this Item
- Map of Ohio
- Contributor Names
- Kilbourn, John, 1787-1833.
- American Antiquarian Society.
- Created / Published
- Columbus : John Kilbourn, 1822.
- Subject Headings
- - Ohio--Maps
- - Ohio--Administrative and political divisions--Maps
- - United States--Ohio
- - Shows counties, major roads, and important settlements in each county.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress, Sept. 9th, 1822."
- - From: Archaeologia Americana / American Antiquarian Society. Worcester, Mass. : American Antiquarian Society, 1820.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : hand col., mounted on cloth backing ; 63 x 59 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G4080 1822 .K5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Shows counties, major roads, and important settlements in each county. "Entered according to Act of Congress, Sept. 9th, 1822." From: Archaeologia Americana / American Antiquarian Society. Worcester, Mass. : American Antiquarian Society, 1820. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- Original Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Kilbourn, John, and American Antiquarian Society. Map of Ohio. Columbus: John Kilbourn, 1822. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2011585880/.
APA citation style:
Kilbourn, J. & American Antiquarian Society. (1822) Map of Ohio. Columbus: John Kilbourn. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2011585880/.
MLA citation style:
Kilbourn, John, and American Antiquarian Society. Map of Ohio. Columbus: John Kilbourn, 1822. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2011585880/>.
More Maps like this
MapMap of the State of Ohio Relief shown by hachures. Shows counties, major roads, and important settlements in each county, including the Black Swamp of NW Ohio and the Unbroken Sandstone Region in SE Ohio. From: Archaeologia Americana...
- Contributor: Reed, Abner - American Antiquarian Society - Bourne, Alexander - Kilbourn, John
- Date: 1820
MapColton's township map of the State of Ohio.
Township map of the State of Ohio Prime meridian: Washington D.C. LC copy: Hand colored. Signed in ink script on verso: Millard Fillmore March 1853. "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1851 by J.H. Colton in...
- Contributor: Colton, J. H. (Joseph Hutchins) - Fillmore, Millard
- Date: 1851
MapOhio John Melish created this map of Ohio around 1812. The land office districts in Ohio, including the Virginia Military District, the Ohio Company and the Western Reserve lands are shown on the...
- Contributor: Melish, John - Vallance, J. (John)
- Date: 1812
MapOhio "Sources: Base map from U.S. Geological Survey, Ohio, 1971. County, county subdivision, and place boundaries certified by local officials, January 1, 1980." Includes indexes. Available also through the Library of Congress Web...
- Contributor: United States. Bureau of the Census. Data Preparation Division - United States. Bureau of the Census. Geography Division
- Date: 1980
MapMap of Ohio compiled from the latest authorities Hand col. to show county boundaries and extant/proposed canals. Also shows townships. Imperfect: Wrinkled, fold-lined, missing small sections at fold lines, trimmed at margins, mounted on paper backing. Includes text and 2...
- Contributor: Lewis Robinson & Co. - Manning, S.
- Date: 1840