Map Map of York County, Maine
About this Item
- Map of York County, Maine
- Contributor Names
- Chase, J.
- J.L. Smith Co.
- Created / Published
- Philadelphia and Boston : Published by J.L. Smith & Co., 1856.
- Subject Headings
- - York County (Me.)--Maps
- - Landowners--Maine--York County--Maps
- - Real property--Maine--York County--Maps
- - United States--Maine--York County
- Cadastral maps
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 278
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes business directories, distance chart, statistics, and illustrations.
- - Ancillary maps: Alfred Village -- Bar Mills -- Berwick -- Cornish -- East Parsonfield -- Goodwin's Mills -- Kennebunk -- Kennebunk Port and Harbor Village -- Kittery Point Village -- Kittery Village -- Limerick -- Linington -- Moderation -- Newfield Village --North Berwick -- Saco and Biddeford -- Salmon Falls -- Sanford -- South Berwick -- Spring Vale -- York.
- - LC copy sectioned in six and mounted on two pieces of fabric.
- 1 map : hand colored ; 140 x 89 cm
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3733.Y6 1856 .C4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Chase, J, and J.L. Smith Co. Map of York County, Maine. Philadelphia and Boston: Published by J.L. Smith & Co, 1856. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2011588007/.
APA citation style:
Chase, J. & J.L. Smith Co. (1856) Map of York County, Maine. Philadelphia and Boston: Published by J.L. Smith & Co. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2011588007/.
MLA citation style:
Chase, J, and J.L. Smith Co. Map of York County, Maine. Philadelphia and Boston: Published by J.L. Smith & Co, 1856. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2011588007/>.
More Maps like this
MapMap of Sagadahoc Co., Maine : from actual surveys Relief shown by hachures. LC Land ownership maps, 274 Includes 7 local maps, insets and business directories. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- Contributor: Chase, J.
- Date: 1858
MapMap of Waldo County, Maine "Engraved, colored & mounted by W.H. Rease ... Philadelphia." Relief shown by hachures. LC Land ownership maps, 276 Includes table of distances and Waldo Co. statistics, 1850. Inset maps include names of...
- Contributor: Davison, D. H. - Kelsey, D. - Rease, W. H. - Chase, J.
- Date: 1859
MapMap of Fairfield Co., South Carolina
Fairfield County, South Carolina Shows names of landowners. Relief shown by contours. "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1875 by Balis Earl Elkin & Wm. Barnes Elkin in the Office of Librarian of...
- Contributor: J.L. Smith Co. - Elkin, William (William Barnes) - Elkin, William - Elkin, E. (Balis Earl)
- Date: 1876
MapMap of Fulton County, Georgia
Fulton County, Georgia Cadastral map showing the lot/block numbers and the names of landowners. Relief shown by contours. "Entered according to act of Congress in the year 1872 by W. Phillips in the office of...
- Contributor: Phillips, William - Pittman, Daniel - J.L. Smith Co.
- Date: 1893
MapMap of Strafford County, New Hampshire Relief shown by hachures Shows landownership. LC Land ownership maps, 435 Includes 26 views, 11 village plans, chart of distances, 3 directories, table of distances. Available also through the Library of Congress...
- Contributor: Smith & Bartlett - Chase, J.
- Date: 1856