Maps Map of the town of Washington, Litchfield Co., Conn.
About this Item
- Map of the town of Washington, Litchfield Co., Conn.
- Contributor Names
- Fagan, L.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Washington (Conn. : Town)--Maps
- - Washington (Conn.)--Maps
- - New Preston (Conn.)--Maps
- - Real property--Connecticut--Washington (Town)--Maps
- - Real property--Connecticut--Washington--Maps
- - Real property--Connecticut--New Preston--Maps
- - Landowners--Connecticut--Washington (Town)--Maps
- - Landowners--Connecticut--Washington--Maps
- - Landowners--Connecticut--New Preston--Maps
- - United States--Connecticut--Washington (Town)
- - United States--Connecticut--Washington
- - United States--Connecticut--New Preston
- Manuscript maps
- - General map showing selected buildings and residences with names of owners.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Includes insets of villages of Washington and New Preston.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Imperfect: Brittle, torn, soiled, annotated in pencil, mounted on cloth backing and cut into 2 sheets.
- 1 ms. map : hand col. ; 96 x 61 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3784.W25 1853 .F3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
New Preston (conn.)
Washington (conn. : Town)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Fagan, L. Map of the town of Washington, Litchfield Co., Conn. 1853. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2011589308/. (Accessed August 28, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Fagan, L. (1853) Map of the town of Washington, Litchfield Co., Conn. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2011589308/.
MLA citation style:
Fagan, L. Map of the town of Washington, Litchfield Co., Conn. 1853. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2011589308/>.