Maps Map of Troy, also West Troy, and Green Island
About this Item
- Map of Troy, also West Troy, and Green Island
- Contributor Names
- Young, William H., active 19th century.
- Sampson, Davenport & Co.
- Created / Published
- [Troy, N.Y.?] : Sampson, Davenport & Co., 1876.
- Subject Headings
- - Troy (N.Y.)--Maps
- - Troy (N.Y.)--Administrative and political divisions--Maps
- - Watervliet (N.Y.)--Maps
- - Green Island (N.Y.)--Maps
- - United States--New York (State)--Troy
- - United States--New York (State)--Watervliet
- - United States--New York (State)--Green Island
- - Shows radial distances from court house.
- - Hand col. to show ward areas, ward numbers, principal buildings, and railroads.
- - "Published by Sampson, Davenport & Co. expressly for the city directory."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy imperfect: Torn at left margin, removed from city directory.
- 1 map : hand col. ; 67 x 53 cm., folded to 22 x 14 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3804.T7 1876 .Y6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsSampson, Davenport & Co.
Young, William H.
SubjectsAdministrative and Political Divisions
Green Island (n.y.)
New York (state)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Young, William H., Active 19Th Century, and Davenport & Co Sampson. Map of Troy, also West Troy, and Green Island. [Troy, N.Y.?: Sampson, Davenport & Co, 1876] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2011593686/. (Accessed July 29, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Young, W. H. & Sampson, D. &. C. (1876) Map of Troy, also West Troy, and Green Island. [Troy, N.Y.?: Sampson, Davenport & Co] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2011593686/.
MLA citation style:
Young, William H., Active 19Th Century, and Davenport & Co Sampson. Map of Troy, also West Troy, and Green Island. [Troy, N.Y.?: Sampson, Davenport & Co, 1876] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2011593686/>.