Map [Tours in the United States by famous American actors and actresses, 1865-1904].
About this Item
- [Tours in the United States by famous American actors and actresses, 1865-1904].
- Federal Theatre Project (U.S.)
- Federal Theatre Project Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- Main acting routes of Lawrence Barrett -- Main acting routes of Edwin Booth -- Main acting routes of Lotta Crabtree -- Main acting routes of Fanny Davenport -- Main acting routes of Joseph Jefferson.
- - Barrett, Lawrence,--1838-1891
- - Booth, Edwin,--1833-1893
- - Crabtree, Lotta,--1847-1924
- - Davenport, Fanny,--1850-1898
- - Jefferson, Joseph,--1829-1905
- - Federal Theatre Project (U.S.)--Pictorial works
- - Theater--United States--Maps
- - Theater and society--United States--19th century
- - Theater and society--United States--20th century
- - Actors--United States--19th century--Biography
- - United States
- Manuscript maps
- - These maps were created under the sponsorship of the Federal Theatre Project, founded in July 1935. The Federal Theatre Project (FTP) was designed to re-employ theater workers on public relief and to bring theater, which would be national in scope and regional in emphasis, to thousands in the U.S. who had never before seen live theatrical performances. During its four-year existence (1935-1939), the FTP mounted over 8,000 performances in thirty states and the District of Columbia.
- - Title supplied by cataloger.
- - Pencil and ink on illustration board.
- - Some maps are not complete.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 7 ms. maps ; 48 x 74 cm. or smaller
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3701.E645 s000 .F4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Federal Theatre Project, U.S, and Federal Theatre Project Collection. Tours in the United States by famous American actors and actresses, -1904. [?, 1935] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2011594779/.
APA citation style:
Federal Theatre Project, U. S. & Federal Theatre Project Collection. (1935) Tours in the United States by famous American actors and actresses, -1904. [?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2011594779/.
MLA citation style:
Federal Theatre Project, U.S, and Federal Theatre Project Collection. Tours in the United States by famous American actors and actresses, -1904. [?, 1935] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2011594779/>.