Photo, Print, Drawing Luxurious residential bathroom
About this Item
- Luxurious residential bathroom
- Contributor Names
- Highsmith, Carol M., 1946-, photographer
- Created / Published
- between 1980 and 1990.
- Subject Headings
- - United States
- - America
- - Bathrooms
- - Residential interiors
- Format Headings
- - Digital image produced by Carol M. Highsmith to represent her original film transparency; some details may differ between the film and the digital images.
- - Photograph taken in the 1980s.
- - Title, date, subject note, and keywords provided by the photographer.
- - Credit line: Photographs in the Carol M. Highsmith Archive, Library of Congress, Prints and Photographs Division.
- - Gift and purchase; Carol M. Highsmith; 2011; (DLC/PP-2011:124).
- - Forms part of the Selects Series in the Carol M. Highsmith Archive.
- 1 transparency : color ; 4 x 5 in. or smaller.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- LC-HS503- 5945 (ONLINE) [P&P]
- Source Collection
- Highsmith, Carol M., 1946- Carol M. Highsmith Archive.
- Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/pp.print
- Digital Id
- highsm 17718 //hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/highsm.17718
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Reproduction Number
- LC-DIG-highsm-17718 (digital file from original) LC-HS503-5945 (color film transparency)
- Rights Advisory
- No known restrictions on publication.
- Online Format
- 1 transparency : color ; 4 x 5 in. or smaller.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The Library of Congress does not own rights to material in its collections. Therefore, it does not license or charge permission fees for use of such material and cannot grant or deny permission to publish or otherwise distribute the material.
Ultimately, it is the researcher's obligation to assess copyright or other use restrictions and obtain permission from third parties when necessary before publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the Library's collections.
For information about reproducing, publishing, and citing material from this collection, as well as access to the original items, see: Carol M. Highsmith - Rights and Restrictions Information
- Rights Advisory: No known restrictions on publication.
- Reproduction Number: LC-DIG-highsm-17718 (digital file from original) LC-HS503-5945 (color film transparency)
- Call Number: LC-HS503- 5945 (ONLINE) [P&P]
- Access Advisory: ---
Some images in this collection are described in groups; others are described individually. In some cases, all of the images in the group display online, in other cases they do not.
You can download online images yourself. Alternatively, you can purchase copies of various types.
Library of Congress Duplication Services can make copies of various types from images in Prints & Photographs Division Collections. Price lists, contact information, and order forms are available on the Duplication Services Web site.
Carol M. Highsmith sells prints of her photographs at: http://photographsamerica.com/ External .
Access to Originals
Please use the following steps to determine whether you need to fill out a call slip in the Prints and Photographs Reading Room to view the original item(s). In some cases, a surrogate (substitute image) is available, often in the form of a digital image, a copy print, or microfilm.
Is the item digitized? (A thumbnail (small) image will be visible on the left.)
Yes, the item is digitized.
Please use the digital image in preference to requesting the original. All images can be
viewed at a large size when you are in any reading room at the Library of Congress. In some
cases, only thumbnail (small) images are available when you are outside the Library of
Congress because the item is rights restricted or has not been evaluated for rights
As a preservation measure, we generally do not serve an original item when a digital image is available. If you have a compelling reason to see the original, consult with a reference librarian. (Sometimes, the original is simply too fragile to serve. For example, glass and film photographic negatives are particularly subject to damage. They are also easier to see online where they are presented as positive images.)
- No, the item is not digitized. Please go to #2.
- Yes, the item is digitized. Please use the digital image in preference to requesting the original. All images can be viewed at a large size when you are in any reading room at the Library of Congress. In some cases, only thumbnail (small) images are available when you are outside the Library of Congress because the item is rights restricted or has not been evaluated for rights restrictions.
Do the Access Advisory or Call Number fields above indicate that a non-digital surrogate exists, such as microfilm or copy prints?
- Yes, another surrogate exists. Reference staff can direct you to this surrogate.
- No, another surrogate does not exist. Please go to #3.
- If you do not see a thumbnail image or a reference to another surrogate, please fill out a call slip in the Prints and Photographs Reading Room. In many cases, the originals can be served in a few minutes. Other materials require appointments for later the same day or in the future. Reference staff can advise you in both how to fill out a call slip and when the item can be served.
To contact Reference staff in the Prints and Photographs Reading Room, please use our Ask A Librarian service or call the reading room between 8:30 and 5:00 at 202-707-6394, and Press 3.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Highsmith, Carol M, photographer. Luxurious Residential Bathroom. United States, None. Between 1980 and 1990. Photograph. https://www.loc.gov/item/2011635912/.
APA citation style:
Highsmith, C. M., photographer. Luxurious Residential Bathroom. United States, None. Between 1980 and 1990. [Photograph] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2011635912/.
MLA citation style:
Highsmith, Carol M, photographer. Luxurious Residential Bathroom. Between 1980 and 1990. Photograph. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2011635912/>.