Manuscript/Mixed Material De re militari.
About this Item
- De re militari.
- Valturio, Roberto, 1405-1475.
- Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection (Library of Congress)
- Franck, Peter, binder.
Created / Published
- [3d quarter of 15th cent.]
- - Military art and science--Early works to 1800
- - [Italy]
- - Manuscript on paper.
- - Signatures (with catchwords at end of each): [a-s¹⁰, t²⁺].
- - Humanistic script.
- - Illuminated initials; headings in red; sepia drawings colored in part.
- - Leaves - and a few leaves at end wanting.
- - Leaf [Ia]: ELENCHVS ET INDEX RER[um] militarium; leaf [4a]: Ad MAGNANIMVM ET ILLVSTREM HEROA SIGISMVNDVM PANDVLFVM MALATESTAM ... ROBERTI VALTVRRII REI MILITARIS VOLVMINVM PREFATIO; leaf [181b]: (book 12, last chapter): plurima denq[ue] sacror[um] ethnicor[um]q[ue] libror[um] ac oium optimar[um] atrium ...
- - Early inscription on leaf [Ia]: Fris Antonini Lopij Politiani; on same leaf, old classification mark: V.H. 7.; coat of arms on leaf [4a], representing a white tower on a blue shield with the letter R on the left (Valturio's device?).
- - Radakiewicz, T. The editio princeps of R. Valturio's De re militari (In Maso Finiguerra, 18-19 (1940), p. 15-82).
- - Library of Congress. Lessing J. Rosenwald collection, 6
- - Ricci, S. de. Census v. 2, p. 1848, no. 12
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- - LC copy Binder's ticket on end leaf of Peter Franck, Hand Bookbinder, signed and dated August 7, 1945.
- - Input from Rosenwald catalog; td12 2011-09-28
- [182+ l.] illus. 34 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- Rosenwald ms. no. 14
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in the documents in this collection. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights. The determination of the status of an item ultimately rests with the person desiring to reproduce or use the item.
Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division
Availability of Reproductions
To inquire about copies of Rare Book and Special Collections Division items, contact the Photoduplication Service (telephone: 202-707-5640). Orders are accepted by mail and by fax.
The Photoduplication Service estimates that it takes 3-6 weeks to complete an order.
For Further Information
If you have comments or additional questions, please contact us.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Valturio, Roberto, Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection, and Peter Franck. De Re Militari. [3d Quarter of 15th Cent] Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/2011655080/.
APA citation style:
Valturio, R., Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection & Franck, P. De Re Militari. [3d Quarter of 15th Cent] [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2011655080/.
MLA citation style:
Valturio, Roberto, Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection, and Peter Franck. De Re Militari. [3d Quarter of 15th Cent] Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2011655080/>.