Book/Printed Material Qi sheng yan hai quan tu : yi juan 七省沿海全圖 : 一卷. / Qi sheng yan hai tu
About this Item
- Qi sheng yan hai quan tu : yi juan
- 七省沿海全圖 : 一卷.
- Qi sheng yan hai tu
- Collection of maps from Huang Pengnian, drawn by a person named Zhou Beitang from Dongtai; Shao Tinglie added two maps, Wu song kou fang yang and Jiang dong xing sheng; annotations and explanatory notes added between the years 1857 and 1871.
- The postscript to this work indicates that it was based on an original painting by Zhou Beitang, which was later acquired by a man named Shao Tinglie who had it published, together with two other works, Wusong ko fang yang (Wusong port to the ocean) and Jiang dong xing sheng (Natural frontiers east of the river) in book form in woodblock print. The book depicts the coastal provinces of Fengtian, Zhili, Shandong, Jiangsu, Zhejiang, Fujian and Guangdong; and areas near the port of Wusong, including Baoshan, Shanghai, Huangpu River and a small section of Chongming Island. It also includes two folding sheets depicting Jiang dong, which includes Nanjing, Zhenjiang, part of Anhui, Rugao, Yangzhou, and Yizheng. Originally published during the Daoguang period (1821-50), the work went through six revisions between the seventh year of the Xianfeng reign (1857) and the tenth year of the Tongzhi reign (1871). It is richly decorated with commentaries written in red ink. One of the prefaces is dated 1843. This copy was formerly in the collection of Huang Pengnian (1823-91), a Qing official and painter, whose postscripts are also included. World Digital Library.
- Shao, Tinglie, active 19th century, jiao, ke.
- a Lu, Song, 1791-1860, xu.
- Chinese Rare Book Collection (Library of Congress).
Created / Published
- [China : s.n., Qing Daoguang 23 nian, 1843]
- - In case.
- - Also available in digital form.
- - 十行十六字. Ten lines, with sixteen characters per line.
- - 清邵廷烈校刻。按是圖原為東臺周北堂氏所繪，廷烈得之參諸朋輩，復益以吳淞口放洋江東形勝二圖，付諸剞劂。此本為黃彭年舊藏，自咸豐七年至同治十年凡六校，朱墨遍欄幅矣。迻其識語如次：王尚書所藏後附瓊州澎湖臺灣臺灣後山四口，並有說，今錄其說附卷後，圖則余家所藏康熙輿圖，大略已具，不重摹也。 王尚書慶雲所藏摹本，與此本大略相同，而說較詳。無吳淞口江東形勝二圖，而多瓊州以下四圖。改校一過，凡說略之，有關海防者悉補錄之。咸豐七年七月二十二日黃彭年記。 咸豐八年四月重閱，取黃尚書宗漢浙江海運存案勘校於自吳達津海道鍼路，以朱書記之。時英吉利佛郎西米利堅俄羅斯船泊天津，天子方遣重臣治之。彭年謹誌。 九年六月三日，取籌海圖編洋防輯要海國圖志校讀數過，有關道里形勢者補錄幅中。聲要所載海道頗詳，以墨點識之，時夷舶再抵天津，長白尚書??福方總督直隸，與僧邸治兵海上。五月二十五日，擊破火輪舟七，甫聞捷音，而校錄過罷，欣然書之，彭年再識於陽曲西校尉營寫齋。八月十日??龍君〓臣所摹圖重校自淞洋後以朱連點海道者依龍本增也。又龍本於屯衛營汛以朱。識之，頗關形勢今亦增入。對音字本無定，凡地名字異音同，不復改校，惟音異之字，則注一作某字至方向遠近，毫釐之間，率數十百里，非親履其地，未敢臆度。各本間有參差俱仍之，不敢輒改，取大致不為謬而已。時米利堅入京欸議成，自北塘口換約而去，彭年。咸豐十年七月初五日，大沽失守，僧邸所繪海口圖內河圖，皆為夷酋所得。家君所繪及此圖獲全，十一年九月檢閱，返維往事，書以志慨，彭年。家君常以北塘海口當嚴守備為圖說呈當事，爭之三日不聽，夷人卒由北塘登陸，可為痛哭也。下鈐「老黃」朱印。同治九年天津民焚教堂，時予以召至京告歸，道出津門，案已結矣，展閱記之，彭年。同治十年八月，以修志之約，重至天津，時方大水。是年日本來通商。彭年記於長龍舟中。邵廷烈(序)，陸嵩(序)道光二十三年 (1843).
- - 道光間刻本。邵廷烈序；陸嵩序； 道光二十三年 (1843)。此本有三色：藍（原圖）、紅（套印註語及印章）、黑(批語). Qing Dynasty woodblock print, ca. 1821-1850; prefaces by Shao Tingle and Lu Song written in 1843. Three colors: blue (original pictures), red (annotations and seals), and black (notes).
- 1 v. : col. maps
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Shao, Tinglie, Active 19Th Century, Jiao, Ke, Song A Lu, and Chinese Rare Book Collection. Qi Sheng Yan Hai Quan Tu: Yi Juan. [China: s.n., Qing Daoguang 23 nian, 1843] Image. https://www.loc.gov/item/2012402097/.
APA citation style:
Shao, T., A Lu, S. & Chinese Rare Book Collection. (1843) Qi Sheng Yan Hai Quan Tu: Yi Juan. [China: s.n., Qing Daoguang 23 nian] [Image] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012402097/.
MLA citation style:
Shao, Tinglie, Active 19Th Century, Jiao, Ke, Song A Lu, and Chinese Rare Book Collection. Qi Sheng Yan Hai Quan Tu: Yi Juan. [China: s.n., Qing Daoguang 23 nian, 1843] Image. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2012402097/>.