Book/Printed Material Wang Yuyi ji : ba juan 汪禹乂集 : 八卷 /
Show more resources (2)
About this Item
- Wang Yuyi ji : ba juan
- 汪禹乂集 : 八卷 /
- Prefaces by Chen Lü and Wang Shizhen (1579), Wu Ziyu (1580), Liu Feng and Wang Daokun (1586); postscript by Liu Feng (1583).
- This collection consists of works by Wang Huai, a native of Xiuning, Anhui Province, a poet and calligrapher, whose style name was Yu'ai. The work has eight juan in six volumes and was printed during the Wanli reign (1573-1620) of the Ming dynasty. The eight juan contain Wang Huai's verse in various formats, including poems in folk song style, poems in five-character or seven-character lines, pentasyllabic and heptasyllabic verse or quatrains, and long regulated verse. His poems followed the style of the so-called former and later seven poets of the Ming, who advocated a renaissance of ancient poetry. The work has five prefaces, some dated, written by five scholars: Chen Lü; Wang Shizhen (1526-90), dated 1579; Wang Daokun, dated 1586; Wu Ziyu, dated 1580; and Liu Feng. The title page also provides the name of the printer, Huang Lin, a famed woodcarver of Anhui known for his exquisite artistry. World Digital Library.
- Wang, Huai, active 16th century, zhu.
- Chen, Lü, xu.
- Wang, Shizhen, 1526-1590, xu.
- Liu, Feng, xu.
- Wang, Daokun, 1525-1593, xu.
- Wu, Ziyu, active 16th century, xu.
- Chinese Rare Book Collection (Library of Congress).
Created / Published
- [China : s.n., Ming Wanli 14 nian, 1586]
- - In case.
- - Also available in digital form.
- - 十行十八字. Ten lines, with eighteen characters per line.
- - 原題：「徽郡汪淮禹乂著」。陳履(序)，王世貞(序)萬曆七年 (1579)，劉鳳(序)，汪道昆(序)萬曆十四年 (1586)，吳子玉(序)萬曆八年 (1580)，劉鳳(跋)萬曆十一年(1583).
- - 明萬曆間刻本. Ming Dynasty woodblock print, ca. 1586-1620.
- 6 v.
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Chen, L
- Chinese Rare Book Collection (Library of Congress)
- Liu, Feng
- Wang, Daokun
- Wang, Huai
- Wang, Shizhen
- Wu, Ziyu
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Wang, Huai, Active 16Th Century, Zhu, Lü Chen, Shizhen Wang, Feng Liu, Daokun Wang, Ziyu Wu, and Chinese Rare Book Collection. Wang Yuyi ji: ba juan. [China: s.n., Ming Wanli 14 nian, 1586] Image. https://www.loc.gov/item/2012402178/.
APA citation style:
Wang, H., Chen, L., Wang, S., Liu, F., Wang, D., Wu, Z. & Chinese Rare Book Collection. (1586) Wang Yuyi ji: ba juan. [China: s.n., Ming Wanli 14 nian] [Image] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012402178/.
MLA citation style:
Wang, Huai, Active 16Th Century, Zhu, et al. Wang Yuyi ji: ba juan. [China: s.n., Ming Wanli 14 nian, 1586] Image. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2012402178/>.