Book/Printed Material Mian hua tu : bu fen juan. 棉花圖 : 不分卷. / Yu ti Mian hua tu
About this Item
- Mian hua tu : bu fen juan.
- 棉花圖 : 不分卷.
- Yu ti Mian hua tu
- Fang Guangcheng created the paintings and poems in this book. The essays were created to correspond with the illustrations. The book praises the fine cotton that grew near the capital which was used to weave good cloth and was sold to the regions of Yellow River Valley and Korea, and reports to the Emperor verify that this was true. Each illustration is accompanied by two poems and an essay about the techniques of planting and weaving cotton. One poem was composed the by Emperor Ganlong (Qianlong), the other by Fang. Each illustration had its own title. There are eight sections of illustrations in each half of the book.
- Fang, Guancheng, 1698-1768.
- Qianlong, Emperor of China, 1711-1799, shu.
- Chinese Rare Book Collection (Library of Congress).
Created / Published
- [China : publisher not identified, Qianlong 30 nian, 1766]
- - Cotton growing;
- - China;
- - Pictorial works
- - Title from label on spine of case.
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- - 文拓本、圖印本。版匡高20.0公分，寬22.7公分。 文石刻，圖木刻。 無書名頁。無中縫。摺裝.
- - 序十四行二十二字 詩四行八字. Preface, fourteen lines, with twenty-two characters per line; poems, four lines, with eight characters per line.
- - 有乾隆三十年四月十一日方觀承奏章、乾隆三十年七月十六日方觀承奏章、「聖祖仁皇帝御製木棉賦并序」。此本圖文對照，圖則木刻印本，文則石刻拓本。文與上書相同，圖則稍異。上冊自「布種」至「軋核」共8幅，下冊自「彈華」至「練染」亦8幅。此本紙張脆而易碎，措置須極小心。又有另一本，摺裝，2夾板（2冊），與此完全相同，但刷印稍後，綫條不如此本清晰.
- 1 volume : illustrations
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress obtained permission to make these collection materials available online for educational and research purposes through a collaboration with the National Central Library of Taiwan. However, these rights do not extend to third party uses.
If you wish to use items in this collection, you are responsible for making an independent legal assessment of the item and securing any necessary permissions.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Asian Division, Chinese Rare Books.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Fang, Guancheng, Emperor Of China Qianlong, and Chinese Rare Book Collection. Mian Hua Tu: Bu Fen Juan. [China: publisher not identified, Qianlong 30 nian, 1766] Image. https://www.loc.gov/item/2012402417/.
APA citation style:
Fang, G., Qianlong, E. O. C. & Chinese Rare Book Collection. (1766) Mian Hua Tu: Bu Fen Juan. [China: publisher not identified, Qianlong 30 nian] [Image] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012402417/.
MLA citation style:
Fang, Guancheng, Emperor Of China Qianlong, and Chinese Rare Book Collection. Mian Hua Tu: Bu Fen Juan. [China: publisher not identified, Qianlong 30 nian, 1766] Image. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2012402417/>.