Manuscript/Mixed Material Bahāristān-i Jāmī بهارستان جامي
About this Item
- Bahāristān-i Jāmī
- بهارستان جامي
- Collection of memorable sayings, witticisms, anecdotes, etc., in prose and poetry in 8 books; concerning (book 1) Sufis and saints, 2) sayings of the philosophers, 3) justice of kings, 4) generosity, 5) love, 6) jokes and witticisms, 7) poets, and 8) on animals; the text is incompete and breaks off shortly after the beginning of book 7.
- Jāmī, 1414-1492
Created / Published
- [illegible] al-thānī 1208 
- - Manuscripts, Persian--Washington (D.C.)
- - Iran
- - Manuscript.
- - Persian
- - Title from cover.
- - Paper; thick cream-colored laid paper with no visible watermarks in poor condition with some damp staining to the top edge and extensive worm damage throughout. Black ink with rubrication; few marginal notes and corrections.
- - Manuscript is incomplete; the text breaks off shortly after the beginning of book (rawz̤ah) 7.
- - Place of writing not recorded, possibly Iran.
- - Browne, E. G. Literary history of Persia, volume 3, page 515
- - Several lines of poetry on endpaper.
- - Nastaʻlīq script; 20 lines in written area 17 x 8.5 cm.
- - Folio 1a-64b.
- - Library of Congress Persian manuscript, M37.
- - Contemporary cardboard binding with a cloth spine.
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress website.
- 1, 64, 4 leaves (20 lines) bound : paper ; 22 x 12.8 cm
Call Number/Physical Location
- PK6490 .B3 1793
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The contents of the Library of Congress Persian Language Manuscript Project are in the public domain or have no known copyright restrictions and are free to use and reuse.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, African and Middle East Division, Near East Section Persian Manuscript Collection
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Jāmī. Bahāristān-i Jāmī. [Illegible Al-Thānī 1793, 1793] Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/2012498169/.
APA citation style:
Jāmī. (1793) Bahāristān-i Jāmī. [Illegible Al-Thānī 1793] [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012498169/.
MLA citation style:
Jāmī. Bahāristān-i Jāmī. [Illegible Al-Thānī 1793, 1793] Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2012498169/>.