Map Kansas & Nebraska. Kansas and Nebraska
About this Item
- Kansas & Nebraska.
- Kansas and Nebraska
- Morse & Gaston.
- Fillmore, Millard, 1800-1874.
Created / Published
- New York : Morse & Gaston, 1856.
- - Kansas--Maps
- - Nebraska--Maps
- - Middle West--Maps
- - United States--Kansas
- - United States--Nebraska
- - United States--Middle West
- - Also shows Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Arkansas, Wisconsin, Illinois, and Indian Territory.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1856, by Morse & Gaston in the Clerks Office of the District Court for the Southern District of New York."
- - LC copy: Signed inside front cover: Millard Fillmore, Aug. 25, 1856.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : hand color ; 53 x 53 cm, folded in covers 12 x 8 cm
Call Number/Physical Location
- G4200 1856 .M6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Morse & Gaston, and Millard Fillmore. Kansas & Nebraska. New York: Morse & Gaston, 1856. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2012583327/.
APA citation style:
Morse & Gaston & Fillmore, M. (1856) Kansas & Nebraska. New York: Morse & Gaston. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012583327/.
MLA citation style:
Morse & Gaston, and Millard Fillmore. Kansas & Nebraska. New York: Morse & Gaston, 1856. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2012583327/>.