Maps Athens /
About this Item
- Athens /
- Contributor Names
- Leake, William Martin, 1777-1860.
- Cockerell, C. R. (Charles Robert), 1788-1863.
- Clarke, W. B.
- Henshall, J.
- Baldwin & Cradock.
- Society for the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge (Great Britain)
- Created / Published
- [London] : Baldwin & Cradock, 1832.
- Subject Headings
- - Athens (Greece)--Antiquities--Maps
- - Athens (Greece)--Antiquities--Pictorial works
- - Acropolis (Athens, Greece)--Maps
- - Acropolis (Athens, Greece)--Pictorial works
- - Architecture--Greece--Athens--Pictorial works
- - Panoramas--Greece--Athens
- - Greece--Athens
- - Greece--Athens--Acropolis
- Tourist maps
- - Shows extant and presumed antiquities (buildings, theaters, tombs, walls, etc.) of central Athens as in 1832.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - "Published by Baldwin & Cradock, 47 Paternoster Row, Nov'r 1.1832."
- - "Published under the superintendence of the Society for the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge."
- - LC copy imperfect: Brittle, torn at margins.
- - Includes notes, inset of "Acropolis of Athens", a ground-level "Panorama of Athens from the original drawing of C.R. Cockerell Esq're A.R.A." in 3 segments in the left/top/right-hand margins, 2 ground-level views of the Acropolis (in its original form), and ill. of principal buildings (in their original forms) in the lower margin.
- 1 map : hand col. ; 21 x 30 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G6814.A9E635 1832 .L4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Library of Congress Catalog Number Record
- Online Public Access Catalog Record
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsBaldwin & Cradock
Cockerell, C. R. (Charles Robert)
Leake, William Martin
Society for the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge (Great Britain)
Acropolis (Athens, Greece)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Leake, William Martin, C. R Cockerell, W. B Clarke, J Henshall, Baldwin & Cradock, and Society For The Diffusion Of Useful Knowledge. Athens. [London: Baldwin & Cradock, 1832] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012585031. (Accessed February 14, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Leake, W. M., Cockerell, C. R., Clarke, W. B., Henshall, J., Baldwin & Cradock & Society For The Diffusion Of Useful Knowledge. (1832) Athens. [London: Baldwin & Cradock] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012585031.
MLA citation style:
Leake, William Martin, et al. Athens. [London: Baldwin & Cradock, 1832] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2012585031>.