Maps Scott's map of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.
About this Item
- Scott's map of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.
- Other Title
- Map of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
- Contributor Names
- Scott, Joshua.
- Tide Water Canal Company.
- Created / Published
- [Lancaster, Pa.? : Joshua Scott], 1842.
- Subject Headings
- - Lancaster County (Pa.)--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Lancaster County--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Lancaster County--Maps
- - Election districts--Pennsylvania--Lancaster County--Maps
- - Canals--Maryland--Maps
- - Havre de Grace Region (Md.)--Maps
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Lancaster County
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - General-content county map also showing rural buildings with householders' names, lot lines in rural subdivisions/villages, and election districts.
- - Differs from other 1842 ed. in being hand col. to show townships and in having normal north-at-top orientation.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the Year 1842 by Jos'a Scott, in the Clerks Office of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania."
- - Printed in NW/NE/SW/SE segments (sheets).
- - LC Land ownership maps, 761
- - Includes inset of "Tide water canal, Maryland" along Susquehanna River northward of Havre de Grace (Md.).
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy imperfect: Brittle, shellacked, torn at sheet edges, missing small sections at sheet edges, N.W. sheet water-stained, annotated in black ink hand printing on cloth backing of S.W. sheet "Lancaster Co. Pa. 1842".
- 1 map on 4 sheets : hand col., cloth backing ; 123 x 113 cm., sheets 52 x 58 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3823.L3 1842 .S4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Tide Water Canal Company
LocationHavre De Grace Region
Havre De Grace Region (md.)
Lancaster County (pa.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Scott, Joshua, and Tide Water Canal Company. Scott's map of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. [Lancaster, Pa.?: Joshua Scott, 1842] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012585570/. (Accessed October 27, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Scott, J. & Tide Water Canal Company. (1842) Scott's map of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. [Lancaster, Pa.?: Joshua Scott] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012585570/.
MLA citation style:
Scott, Joshua, and Tide Water Canal Company. Scott's map of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. [Lancaster, Pa.?: Joshua Scott, 1842] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2012585570/>.