Map Map of the city of New Brunswick, New Jersey
About this Item
- Map of the city of New Brunswick, New Jersey
- Contributor Names
- Ewen, Daniel.
- New Brunswick (N.J.). Common Council.
- C.B. Graham's Lith.
- Created / Published
- [New Brunswick] : City of New Brunswick, 1837
- Subject Headings
- - New Brunswick (N.J.)--Maps
- - Landowners--New Jersey--New Brunswick--Maps
- - Real property--New Jersey--New Brunswick--Maps
- - Delaware and Raritan Canal (N.J.)--Maps
- - United States--New Jersey--New Brunswick
- - United States--New Jersey--Delaware and Raritan Canal
- Cadastral maps
- - General city street map also showing principal buildings, ward names, city block dimensions in feet (some blocks), and the Raritan terminus of the Delaware and Raritan Canal.
- - Also shows real-property tract boundaries and owners' names in some outlying areas.
- - Oriented with north toward the lower right.
- - LC copy imperfect: Extensively annotated in light lead-pencil to show block numbers and proposed new streets.
- - Includes printed note at lower left: Adopted and approved by the Common Council of the City of New Brunswick, January 13th A.D. 1837, by virtue of an act of the Legislature of New Jersey, Peter Conover, clerk.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Acquisitions control no.: 2013-015
- 1 map ; 56 x 74 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3814.N4 1836 .E9
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Ewen, Daniel, New Brunswick . Common Council, and C.B. Graham'S Lith. Map of the city of New Brunswick, New Jersey. [New Brunswick: City of New Brunswick, 1836] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2012585908/.
APA citation style:
Ewen, D., New Brunswick . Common Council & C.B. Graham'S Lith. (1836) Map of the city of New Brunswick, New Jersey. [New Brunswick: City of New Brunswick] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012585908/.
MLA citation style:
Ewen, Daniel, New Brunswick . Common Council, and C.B. Graham'S Lith. Map of the city of New Brunswick, New Jersey. [New Brunswick: City of New Brunswick, 1836] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2012585908/>.
More Maps like this
MapMap of the county of Middlesex, New Jersey : from actual surveys General-content county map also showing marshes, rural buildings, and householders' names; the Amboy insets also show buildings, occupants' names, and some property lot lines. Hand colored to emphasize municipal (city/borough/township) boundaries and...
- Contributor: Smith, Gallup & Co. - Walling, Henry Francis - H.F. Walling's Map Establishment
- Date: 1861
MapPlan of the city of New-Brunswick : from actual survey
A directory adapted to the following plan and historical sketch of the city, and its sacred and literary institutions General city street map also showing principal buildings, ward names, wharves, and planned streets. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Includes text, indexed directory of...
- Contributor: Terhune & Letson - Roberts, J. M.
- Date: 1829
MapSketch of Brunswick. Sketch of the ground near Mr. Low's at Rariton Landing. Scale ca. 1:12,000 and scale not given. Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor. Watermark: J. Whatman. Relief shown by shading. No. 3 includes numbered location index to redoubts, troop positions, etc. Accompanied by Hills...
- Contributor: [Hills, John - [Sutherland, Alexander
- Date: 1777
MapAero view of New-Brunswick, New Jersey, 1910. Perspective map not drawn to scale. Bird's-eye-view. LC Panoramic maps (2nd ed.), 524 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Includes illus., text, and directory. AACR2
- Contributor: Hughes & Bailey
- Date: 1910
MapMap of Irving, situated in Westchester Co., state of New-York Cadastral map of subdivision in the village of Tarrytown (N.Y.). Shows lot lines, numbers, dimensions, and pre-existing buildings. Oriented with north toward the upper right. Available also through the Library of Congress...
- Contributor: C. Graham's Lith - Doughty, Saml. S. (Samuel S.)
- Date: 1836