Map Map of Burlington County
About this Item
- Map of Burlington County
- Otley, J. W.
- Whiteford, R.
- Kramm, Gustavus.
- Worley, Geo. (George)
- Smith & Wistar.
Created / Published
- Philadelphia : Published by Smith & Wistar, 1849.
- - Burlington County (N.J.)--Maps
- - Burlington (N.J.)--Maps
- - Mount Holly (N.J.)--Maps
- - Landowners--New Jersey--Burlington County--Maps
- - United States--New Jersey--Burlington County
- - United States--New Jersey--Burlington
- - United States--New Jersey--Mount Holly
- - Also shows locations of rural houses and cites householders' names.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Oriented with north toward the upper left.
- - Prime meridian: Washington D.C.
- - Includes text, inset of Burlington city, of Mount Holly town, and ill. of public buildings.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 440
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map on 6 sheets ; 83 x 163 cm., sheets 44 x 62 cm. or smaller.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3813.B8 1849 .O8
- Copy 1 sheets are hand col. (watercolors) and are mounted on cloth backing to form 3 half-folding sheets. Copy 2 sheets were conjoined then later cut to form 8 sheets without backing and are not col.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Otley, J. W, R Whiteford, Gustavus Kramm, Geo Worley, and Smith & Wistar. Map of Burlington County. Philadelphia: Published by Smith & Wistar, 1849. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2012586251/.
APA citation style:
Otley, J. W., Whiteford, R., Kramm, G., Worley, G. & Smith & Wistar. (1849) Map of Burlington County. Philadelphia: Published by Smith & Wistar. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012586251/.
MLA citation style:
Otley, J. W, et al. Map of Burlington County. Philadelphia: Published by Smith & Wistar, 1849. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2012586251/>.