Maps Map of Elizabeth City CO, VA. : from actual surveys by E.A. Semple, Wm. Ivy and C. Hubbard
About this Item
- Map of Elizabeth City CO, VA. : from actual surveys by E.A. Semple, Wm. Ivy and C. Hubbard
- Other Title
- Map of Elizabeth City County, Virginia
- Contributor Names
- Semple, E. A. (Edward Armistead), 1842-1910.
- Ivy, Wm.
- Hubbard, C. (Surveyor)
- E.W. Smith & Co.
- Created / Published
- Philadelphia : E.W. Smith & Co., [1892?]
- Subject Headings
- - Real property--Virginia--Hampton--Maps
- - Landowners--Virginia--Hampton--Maps
- - Hampton (Va.)--History--19th century--Maps
- - Hampton Region (Va.)--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Hampton
- - United States--Virginia--Hampton Region
- Cadastral maps
- - Shows the names of some residents.
- - Relief shown by contours.
- - Oriented with north to the upper right.
- - "E.W. Smith & Co., Map Establishment, 17 & 19 So 6th St., Philadelphia."
- - Sectioned and mounted on cloth, red cloth edges.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 1248
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map on 4 sheets : col. ; 103 x 138 cm., sheets 52 x 69 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3884.H2G46 1892 .S4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsE.W. Smith & Co.
Semple, E. A.
Semple, E. A. (edward Armistead)
Hampton Region (va.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Semple, E. A, Wm Ivy, C Hubbard, and E.W. Smith & Co. Map of Elizabeth City CO, VA.: from actual surveys by E.A. Semple, Wm. Ivy and C. Hubbard. [Philadelphia: E.W. Smith & Co., ?, 1892] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012586256/. (Accessed October 25, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Semple, E. A., Ivy, W., Hubbard, C. & E.W. Smith & Co. (1892) Map of Elizabeth City CO, VA.: from actual surveys by E.A. Semple, Wm. Ivy and C. Hubbard. [Philadelphia: E.W. Smith & Co., ?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012586256/.
MLA citation style:
Semple, E. A, et al. Map of Elizabeth City CO, VA.: from actual surveys by E.A. Semple, Wm. Ivy and C. Hubbard. [Philadelphia: E.W. Smith & Co., ?, 1892] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2012586256/>.