Map National political map of the United States.
About this Item
- National political map of the United States.
- Contributor Names
- Ranney, Adolphus.
- Blanchard, Rufus, 1821-1904.
- Created / Published
- New York : A. Ranney ; Chicago : Rufus Blanchard, 1856.
- Subject Headings
- - United States--Administrative and political divisions--Maps
- - United States--Politics and government--Maps
- - United States--Maps
- - United States
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Shows free states, slave states, and the territory open to slavery or freedom by the repeal of the Missouri Compromise.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1856, by A. Ranney, in the Clerk's Office of the District Court of the United States in and for the Southern District of New York."
- - Prime meridians: Greenwich and Washington, D.C.
- - Includes text, statistics from the 1850 census, table of 1852 election results, table of Presidents and Vice Presidents, political diagram, and 6 portraits.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : hand col., cloth backing ; 48 x 69 cm., on sheet 101 x 81 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3701.F7 1856 .N3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Ranney, Adolphus, and Rufus Blanchard. National political map of the United States. New York: A. Ranney ; Chicago: Rufus Blanchard, 1856. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2012586609/.
APA citation style:
Ranney, A. & Blanchard, R. (1856) National political map of the United States. New York: A. Ranney ; Chicago: Rufus Blanchard. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012586609/.
MLA citation style:
Ranney, Adolphus, and Rufus Blanchard. National political map of the United States. New York: A. Ranney ; Chicago: Rufus Blanchard, 1856. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2012586609/>.
More Maps like this
MapPolitical map of the United States. Shows states with Whig party, states changed from Whig to Democratic party, and new states. "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1848, by J. Disturnell, in the Clerk's Office...
- Contributor: Jones & Newman - Disturnell, John
- Date: 1848
Map[Manuscript map of the United States].
Map of the United States Title provided by cataloger. Pen-and-ink and brown watercolor over pencil grid. Shows state boundaries, state names and major rivers for all of the U.S. Shows numbered counties in New England, Pennsylvania, and...
- Date: 1871
MapMitchell's reference & distance map of the United States. Scale 1:1,584,000; 25 miles to an in. Cover title: Mitchell's map of the United States. Hand colored. Sectioned and mounted on cloth backing. Relief shown by hachures. Shows longitude west from Washington....
- Contributor: Young, J.H. - Young, J.H. (James Hamilton) - Mitchell, S. Augustus (Samuel Augustus)
- Date: 1830
MapMassachusetts "Base map constructed by the Cartographic Division, Soil Conservation Service USDA, from USGS maps, 1:250,000 Series." "Town lines and names from Massachusetts Department of Community Affairs map, October 1970." Available also through...
- Contributor: United States. Soil Conservation Service
- Date: 1970
MapJ. De Cordova's map of the state of Texas
J. De Cordova's map of Texas | Map of the state of Texas | State of Texas Relief shown by hachures. Shows counties. "Entered according to Act of Congress on the 28th day of July 1848 by J. De Cordova in the Clerks Office of the United States District...
- Contributor: Atwood, John M. - Creuzbaur, Robert - De Cordova, Jacob
- Date: 1853