Maps National political map of the United States.
About this Item
- National political map of the United States.
- Contributor Names
- Ranney, Adolphus.
- Blanchard, Rufus, 1821-1904.
- Created / Published
- New York : A. Ranney ; Chicago : Rufus Blanchard, 1856.
- Subject Headings
- - United States--Administrative and political divisions--Maps
- - United States--Politics and government--Maps
- - United States--Maps
- - United States
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Shows free states, slave states, and the territory open to slavery or freedom by the repeal of the Missouri Compromise.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1856, by A. Ranney, in the Clerk's Office of the District Court of the United States in and for the Southern District of New York."
- - Prime meridians: Greenwich and Washington, D.C.
- - Includes text, statistics from the 1850 census, table of 1852 election results, table of Presidents and Vice Presidents, political diagram, and 6 portraits.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : hand col., cloth backing ; 48 x 69 cm., on sheet 101 x 81 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3701.F7 1856 .N3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Ranney, Adolphus, and Rufus Blanchard. National political map of the United States. New York: A. Ranney ; Chicago: Rufus Blanchard, 1856. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012586609/. (Accessed October 26, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Ranney, A. & Blanchard, R. (1856) National political map of the United States. New York: A. Ranney ; Chicago: Rufus Blanchard. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012586609/.
MLA citation style:
Ranney, Adolphus, and Rufus Blanchard. National political map of the United States. New York: A. Ranney ; Chicago: Rufus Blanchard, 1856. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2012586609/>.