Maps Map of the Tombstone mining district : Cochise Co., Arizona Ter.
About this Item
- Map of the Tombstone mining district : Cochise Co., Arizona Ter.
- Other Title
- Cochise Co., Arizona Ter.
- Contributor Names
- Ingoldsby, Frank S.
- Kelleher, M.
- Peel, M. R.
- H.S. Crocker & Co.
- Created / Published
- San Francisco [Calif.] : Litho. H.S. Crocker, 1881.
- Subject Headings
- - Mining districts--Arizona--Cochise County--Maps
- - Mines and mineral resources--Arizona--Cochise County--Maps
- - Tombstone (Ariz.)--Historical geography--Maps
- - Cochise County (Ariz.)--Maps
- - United States--Arizona--Cochise County
- - United States--Arizona--Tombstone
- - Color lithograph map showing mining claim names and locations in the Tombstone mining district, Cochise County.
- - "Entered according to an Act of Congress, in the year 1881, by Kelleher Peel & Ingoldsby, in the Office of the Librarian of Congress at Washington."
- - "Authorities: S.M. Allis, H.G. Howe, H.B. Maxson, J.G. Manning ... United States Deputy Mineral Surveyors ..."
- - Oriented with north toward the upper right.
- - Insets: California District -- Cochise County -- Turquoise District -- Plat of Hartford District -- Plat of Warren District.
- - Includes illustrations of "City of Tombstone" and prominent buildings.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - 2 copies: Copy 2 mounted on 4 separate sheets (cloth backing)
- 1 map : col., mounted on linen ; 108 x 152 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G4333.C5H1 1881 .I5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsH.S. Crocker & Co.
Ingoldsby, Frank S.
Peel, M. R.
Cochise County (ariz.)
Mines and Mineral Resources
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Ingoldsby, Frank S, M Kelleher, M. R Peel, and H.S. Crocker & Co. Map of the Tombstone mining district: Cochise Co., Arizona Ter. [San Francisco Calif.: Litho. H.S. Crocker, 1881] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012586611/. (Accessed October 28, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Ingoldsby, F. S., Kelleher, M., Peel, M. R. & H.S. Crocker & Co. (1881) Map of the Tombstone mining district: Cochise Co., Arizona Ter. [San Francisco Calif.: Litho. H.S. Crocker] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012586611/.
MLA citation style:
Ingoldsby, Frank S, et al. Map of the Tombstone mining district: Cochise Co., Arizona Ter. [San Francisco Calif.: Litho. H.S. Crocker, 1881] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2012586611/>.