Maps Map of wagon routes in Utah Territory
About this Item
- Map of wagon routes in Utah Territory
- Other Title
- Explorations of Capt. J.H. Simpson, T.E.U.S.A. in 1859
- Contributor Names
- Simpson, J. H. (James Hervey), 1813-1883.
- Smith, J. K. L.
- Putnam, Haldimand Sumner, 1836-1863.
- Mechlin, J. R. P.
- United States. Army. Corps of Topographical Engineers.
- Graphic Company.
- Created / Published
- [S.l. : s.n., 1859?]
- Subject Headings
- - Utah--Discovery and exploration--Maps
- - Southwest, New--Discovery and exploration--Maps
- - Trails--Southwest, New--Maps
- - Utah--Maps
- - Nevada--Maps
- - California--Maps
- - United States--Southwest, New
- - United States--Utah
- - United States--Nevada
- - United States--California
- - Relief shown by hachures and spot heights.
- - Shows routes of Captains Stansbury, Fremont, Gunnison, and Beckwith.
- - In lower right margin: Facsimile reproduction by the Graphic Co., New York.
- - Originally folded in map: Report of explorations across the great basin of the Territory of Utah.
- - Includes table of "Geographical positions established by Capt. Simpson."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Report of explorations across the great basin of the territory of Utah for a direct wagon-route from Camp Floyd to Genoa, in Carson Valley, in 1859, by Captain J. H. Simpson, Washington, Govt. Printing Office, 1876.
- - 2 copies
- 1 map on 2 sheets ; 68 x 120 cm., each sheet 64 x 77 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G4341.P25 1859 S5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Mechlin, J. R. P.
Putnam, Haldimand Sumner
Simpson, J. H.
Simpson, J. H. (james Hervey)
Smith, J. K. L.
United States. Army. Corps of Topographical Engineers
Discovery and Exploration
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
Rights and Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Electronic Sources on the Learning Page.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Simpson, J. H, J. K. L Smith, Haldimand Sumner Putnam, J. R. P Mechlin, United States Army. Corps Of Topographical Engineers, and Graphic Company. Map of wagon routes in Utah Territory. [S.l.: s.n., ?, 1859] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012586633/. (Accessed August 24, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Simpson, J. H., Smith, J. K. L., Putnam, H. S., Mechlin, J. R. P., United States Army. Corps Of Topographical Engineers & Graphic Company. (1859) Map of wagon routes in Utah Territory. [S.l.: s.n., ?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012586633/.
MLA citation style:
Simpson, J. H, et al. Map of wagon routes in Utah Territory. [S.l.: s.n., ?, 1859] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2012586633/>.