Maps Insulæ Indicæ cum terris circumvicinis.
About this Item
- Insulæ Indicæ cum terris circumvicinis.
- Other Title
- Insvlæ Indicæ cvm terris circvmvicinis
- Created / Published
- [S.l. : s.n., 16--?]
- Subject Headings
- - East Indies--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Malay Archipelago--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - East Indies
- - Malay Archipelago
- Early maps
- - Covers the East Indies including the Philippines, Malay Archipelago, and Ceylon.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Exchange; Yale University Library; 29 Aug. 1934.
- - In Latin.
- - Has vertical fold line at center of sheet.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes embellished title cartouche, 4 bar scales of "Milliaria" (Germanica, Hispanica, Gallica, Italica & Anglica), and ill. of sailing ships.
- - LC copy probably removed from textual publication (atlas?).
- 1 map : mounted on cloth backing ; 22 x 34 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G8070 16-- .I5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Library of Congress Catalog Number Record
- Online Public Access Catalog Record
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Insulæ Indicæ cum terris circumvicinis. [S.l.: s.n., 16--?, 1600] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012586635. (Accessed February 13, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Insulæ Indicæ cum terris circumvicinis. (1600) [S.l.: s.n., 16--?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012586635.
MLA citation style:
Insulæ Indicæ cum terris circumvicinis. [S.l.: s.n., 16--?, 1600] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2012586635>.