Maps Map of Grayson County, Virginia /
About this Item
- Map of Grayson County, Virginia /
- Contributor Names
- Dickey, Samuel, 1872-1944
- Boyd, Charles Rufus, 1841-1903.
- Created / Published
- Independence, Va. : Greek D. Brown, c1897.
- Subject Headings
- - Geological cross sections--Virginia--Grayson County
- - Landowners--Virginia--Grayson County--Maps
- - Grayson County (Va.)--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Grayson County
- Geological cross-sections
- Cadastral maps
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Shows economic and geologic cross section information and the names of some residents.
- - "Authorities consulted: U.S. Geological Survey, H.B.C. Nitze in vol XXI, Transactions of the American Institute of Mining Engineers, The Chief Engineer, maintenance of way, N & W. RR Co., and the notes and memoranda of the authors."
- - "This map and cross sections are made to accompany the book on Grayson County ordered by the Board of Supervisors to be prepared by C.R. Boyd and ordered to be published by Greek D. Brown, Independence, Va."
- - LC Land ownership maps, 1265
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes text and geologic cross sections: Lower middle section of Grayson County, Va. (Eastern half of the county) and Western Section of Grayson County, Va.
- - Copy imperfect: Torn in half along vertical fold. Green sticky note from Library of Congress Copyright Office attached to recto.
- 1 map ; on sheet 43 x 67 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3883.G7C5 1897 .D5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Library of Congress Catalog Number Record
- Online Public Access Catalog Record
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Dickey, Samuel, and Charles Rufus Boyd. Map of Grayson County, Virginia. Independence, Va.: Greek D. Brown, c, 1897. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012589206. (Accessed February 12, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Dickey, S. & Boyd, C. R. (1897) Map of Grayson County, Virginia. Independence, Va.: Greek D. Brown, c. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012589206.
MLA citation style:
Dickey, Samuel, and Charles Rufus Boyd. Map of Grayson County, Virginia. Independence, Va.: Greek D. Brown, c, 1897. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2012589206>.