Maps Map of King William County
About this Item
- Map of King William County
- Contributor Names
- Blackford, B. L. (Benjamin Lewis)
- Gilmer, Jeremy Francis, 1818-1883.
- Campbell, Albert H. (Albert Henry), 1826-1899.
- Minis, Louisa Porter.
- Confederate States of America. Army. Department of Northern Virginia. Chief Engineer's Office.
- United States Military Academy.
- Created / Published
- [Richmond, Va. : Chief Engineer's Office D.N.V.], 1865.
- Subject Headings
- - Landowners--Virginia--King William County--Maps
- - King William County (Va.)--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--King William County
- Cadastral maps
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Shows the names of some residents.
- - Oriented with north toward upper left.
- - At head of title: Maj. Gen. J.F. Gilmer Chief Engineer.
- - "Property of Mrs. J.F. Gilmer 126 State Street Savannah Geo To be returned to her."
- - "Approved March 7, 1865 Albert H. Campbell Maj Engrs in chge Top Dep D.N.V."
- - Blueprint.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 1286
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - "Map from the Confederate Engineer Bureau in Richmond, Va. General J.F. Gilmer, Chief Engineer - Presented to - the West Point Military Academy by his only daughter, Mrs. J.F. Minis, Savannah, GA."
- - This county contains 310 square miles. The lines of the Rivers as far as practicable were run by Instrument and the houses on the opposite sides were established by intersecting sites."
- - Stamped in blue ink on verso: By transfer U.S. Military Academy, Oct. 4, 1929.
- 1 map : photocopy ; on sheet 59 x 86 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3883.K6G46 1865 .B4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Blackford, L. (benjamin Lewis)
Campbell, Albert H. (albert Henry)
Confederate States of America. Army. Department of Northern Virginia. Chief Engineer's Office
Gilmer, Jeremy Francis
Minis, Louisa Porter
United States Military Academy
LocationKing William County
King William County
King William County (va.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Blackford, B. L, Jeremy Francis Gilmer, Albert H Campbell, Louisa Porter Minis, Confederate States Of America. Army. Department Of Northern Virginia. Chief Engineer'S Office, and United States Military Academy. Map of King William County. [Richmond, Va.: Chief Engineer's Office D.N.V, 1865] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012589213/. (Accessed October 22, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Blackford, B. L., Gilmer, J. F., Campbell, A. H., Minis, L. P., Confederate States Of America. Army. Department Of Northern Virginia. Chief Engineer'S Office & United States Military Academy. (1865) Map of King William County. [Richmond, Va.: Chief Engineer's Office D.N.V] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012589213/.
MLA citation style:
Blackford, B. L, et al. Map of King William County. [Richmond, Va.: Chief Engineer's Office D.N.V, 1865] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2012589213/>.