Maps [Map of King William County, Va]
About this Item
- [Map of King William County, Va]
- Contributor Names
- Blackford, B. L. (Benjamin Lewis)
- Gilmer, Jeremy Francis, 1818-1883.
- Campbell, Albert H. (Albert Henry), 1826-1899.
- Minis, Louisa Porter.
- Confederate States of America. Army. Department of Northern Virginia. Chief Engineer's Office.
- Created / Published
- [Richmond, Va. : Chief Engineer's Office D.N.V.], 1865.
- Subject Headings
- - Landowners--Virginia--King William County--Maps
- - King William (Va.)--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--King William County
- Cadastral maps
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Shows the names of some residents.
- - "Map from the Confederate Engineer Bureau in Richmond, VA. General J.F. Gilmer, Chief Engineer - Presented to - the Virginia Historical Society by his only daughter, Mrs. J.F. Minis, Savh, Ga."
- - LC Land ownership maps, 1285
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - This county contains 310 square miles. The lines of the Rivers as far as practicable were run by Instrument and the houses on the opposite sides were established by intersecting sites."
- - Copy imperfect: Discoloration, sheets pasted together, mounted on cloth backing.
- 1 map : photocopy ; 49 x 70 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3883.K6G46 1865 .B41
- G3883.K6G46 1865 .B41 Copy 2 Negative photocopy. Slightly larger scale. 53 x 89 cm.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Blackford, L. (Benjamin Lewis)
Campbell, Albert H. (Albert Henry)
Confederate States of America. Army. Department of Northern Virginia. Chief Engineer's Office
Gilmer, Jeremy Francis
Minis, Louisa Porter
LocationKing William County
King William County
King William (Va.)
King William County
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Blackford, B. L, Jeremy Francis Gilmer, Albert H Campbell, Louisa Porter Minis, and Confederate States Of America. Army. Department Of Northern Virginia. Chief Engineer'S Office. [Map of King William County, Va]. [Richmond, Va.: Chief Engineer's Office D.N.V, 1865] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012589214/. (Accessed December 08, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Blackford, B. L., Gilmer, J. F., Campbell, A. H., Minis, L. P. & Confederate States Of America. Army. Department Of Northern Virginia. Chief Engineer'S Office. (1865) [Map of King William County, Va]. [Richmond, Va.: Chief Engineer's Office D.N.V] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012589214/.
MLA citation style:
Blackford, B. L, et al. [Map of King William County, Va]. [Richmond, Va.: Chief Engineer's Office D.N.V, 1865] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2012589214/>.