Maps Map of Fluvanna Co., Va.
About this Item
- Map of Fluvanna Co., Va.
- Other Title
- Map of Fluvanna County, Virginia
- Contributor Names
- Cassell, Charles E.
- Campbell, Albert H. (Albert Henry), 1826-1899.
- Gilmer, Jeremy Francis, 1818-1883.
- Minis, Louisa Porter.
- Confederate States of America. Army. Department of Northern Virginia.
- Virginia Historical Society.
- Created / Published
- [Virginia : Chief engineer's Office D.N.V.], 1863.
- Subject Headings
- - Landowners--Virginia--Fluvanna County--Maps
- - Fluvanna County (Va.)--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Fluvanna County
- Cadastral maps
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Shows the names of some residents.
- - Oriented with north toward upper left.
- - "Aug't, 1863."
- - "Map from the Confederate Engineer Bureau in Richmond, Va. General J.F. Gilmer, chief engineer. Presented to the Virginia Historical Society by his only daughter, Mrs. J.F. Minis, Savh, Ga."
- - Two sheets pasted together, mounted on cloth.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 1257
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : photocopy ; 50 x 58 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3883.F6G46 1863 .C3
- G3883.F6G46 1863 .C3 Copy 2 Negative photocopy. Slightly larger scale. 54 x 88 cm.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsCampbell, Albert H. (albert Henry)
Cassell, Charles E.
Confederate States of America. Army. Department of Northern Virginia
Gilmer, Jeremy Francis
Minis, Louisa Porter
Virginia Historical Society
Fluvanna County (va.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Cassell, Charles E, Albert H Campbell, Jeremy Francis Gilmer, Louisa Porter Minis, Confederate States Of America. Army. Department Of Northern Virginia, and Virginia Historical Society. Map of Fluvanna Co., Va. [Virginia: Chief engineer's Office D.N.V, 1863] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012589655/. (Accessed September 25, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Cassell, C. E., Campbell, A. H., Gilmer, J. F., Minis, L. P., Confederate States Of America. Army. Department Of Northern Virginia & Virginia Historical Society. (1863) Map of Fluvanna Co., Va. [Virginia: Chief engineer's Office D.N.V] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2012589655/.
MLA citation style:
Cassell, Charles E, et al. Map of Fluvanna Co., Va. [Virginia: Chief engineer's Office D.N.V, 1863] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2012589655/>.